Decimator Design: Decimator 2
- Power Supply
- HDMI Cable
- USB Cable
- Mounting Bracket
Decimator Design: Decimator 2 - Miniature (3G/HD/SD)-SDI to HDMI with De-Embedded Analogue Audio and NTSC/PAL Down-Converted Outputs
This miniature converter from Decimator Design performs at the level required by broadcast professionals, but at a very reasonable price. To combine the functions of converting a 3G, HD or SD SDI source (automatically detected) to HDMI and at the same time offering down-conversion and aspect ratio conversion to both the HDMI and composite output is very handy.
Settings and firmware updates are made via a USB Control Panel Application
- Auto detects 3G, HD or SD (26 Formats in total) and can handle switching of synchronous sources
- Simultaneous scaling on both the HDMI and Composite outputs with a maximum delay of 1 input frame
- HDMI output with optional full scaling and aspect ratio conversion.
Down-converted Composite output
- NTSC or PAL is selectable for 3G/HD inputs
- SD will be passed unchanged.
- Low latency 3G/HD to SD Down-conversion with ARC (Aspect Ratio Conversion) of either: i) 16:9 to 16:9 Anamorphic, ii) 16:9 to 4:3 Letterbox, iii) 16:9 to 4:3 Centre Cut (Crop to 4:3)
- Full 10-bit data path and multipoint interpolation
- 16 times over-sampling for Composite Output
- Passes EIA-708/608 Closed Captions to the Composite Output
Full 16-Channel Audio metering displayed on the HDMI output with:
- Any of the 4 audio groups individually selectable
- Vertical or Horizontal Bars
- AES/EBU, VU, Extended VU, BBC, EBU, DIN and NORDIC Scales
- Bar & Float, Bar only or Float only
- Transparency adjustment
- Separate Bar and Float Ballistics control
- Adjustable Reference level
- Red, Yellow and Green Range adjustment
- Bar thickness adjustment
- Margin adjustment
Adjustable Graticules Generator displayed on the HDMI output with:
- Separate enables for Safe Action, Safe Title and Centre Cross
- Adjustable position for either Safe Action or Safe Title
- Adjustable colours for Safe Action, Safe Title and Centre Cross
Text Overlays displayed on the HDMI output with:
- Adjustable Foreground and Background colours Adjustable 16 character text
- Current input format status
- De-Embedded Analogue Audio is output on 2 x RCA connectors at -10dBu = -20dBFS.
- 3G/HD/SD-SDI Active Loop-Through Output External Dipswitch Configuration
- USB port for control and firmware updates
- Locking DC Power Socket
- operating temperature: 0ºC to 40ºC and the storage temperature range is -20ºC to 45ºC.