SONNET Solo 10G SFP Thunderbolt 3 to 10GBASE-T Ethernet Adapter
- 1 x Solo10G SFP+ Thunderbolt 3 Edition adapter
- 1 x 10GBASE-SR (short-range) SFP+ transceiver
- Adds 10GbE Connectivity - Powerfully simple way to add high-performance 10GbE connectivity via optical cable to your computer with Thunderbolt 3 ports
- Cost-Effective - Low cost adapter includes 10GBASE-SR (short-range) SFP+ transceiver; supports connection up to 300 meters to 10GbE infrastructure via LC multi-mode fiber optic cable (sold separately)
- 40Gbps Thunderbolt 3 Interface - Connects to any Thunderbolt 3 computer port, or at the end of a Thunderbolt 3 device daisy chain
- Energy Efficient - Supports the Energy-Efficient Ethernet (IEEE 802.3az) standard to reduce the adapter’s power demands on your computer
- Easy Setup - Configured through macOS Network control panel or Windows(1) Device Manager
- Small and Silent - Adapter is pocketable and uses no fan, perfect for use in noise-sensitive environments
- Bus-Powered, Energy Efficient - Powered through its Thunderbolt connection, the Solo10G requires no power adapter
- Rugged Construction - Aluminum enclosure withstands heavy use
- Thunderbolt Certified for Mac & Windows
- Mac with Thunderbolt 3 ports
- macOS High Sierra (10.13.6+)
- macOS Catalina Compatible
- Computer with Thunderbolt 3 ports
- Windows 10 (64-bit Edition Version 1709 or greater)
- Windows computers require the latest BIOS and Thunderbolt drivers to support this product. Check with your computer manufacturer for update information.
- All cables sold separately.
- Driver download and installation required for use with Windows.
All new Sonnet Products purchased on or after January 1, 2019, have a Two Year Limited Warranty, except as listed here. All new Sonnet Products purchased on or before December 31, 2018, have a One Year Limited Warranty, except as listed here.
Blazing-Fast 10GBASE-SR Connectivity at a Breakthrough Price
Technical advances plus cheaper gear have enabled creators to capture and output more content than ever at 4K and higher resolutions. The resulting files are larger, too. When moving all that data between your computer and networked storage, a simple Gigabit Ethernet connection can negatively impact your productivity. For post-production shared storage workgroups and other bandwidth-intensive workflows, you need more speed—10 Gigabit Ethernet (10GbE) is the new data transfer standard. Affordable switches have lowered costs for setting up 10GbE infrastructure; however, the price of adding fiber optic client connectivity has remained high. Now, there is an equally affordable 10GbE interface for your Mac® or Windows®(1) computer with Thunderbolt™ 3 ports—Sonnet’s Solo10G™ SFP+ Thunderbolt 3 Edition adapter, a powerfully simple solution for adding blazing-fast fiber optic 10GbE network connectivity at a breakthrough price.
The Solo10G SFP+ Thunderbolt 3 Edition adapter includes a 10GBASE-SR (short-range) SFP+ transceiver (the most commonly-used optical transceiver), enabling you to connect your computer to 10GbE infrastructure via LC optical cable (optical cables sold separately) at distances up to 300 meters.
Safe and Secure
As a networked conduit into your computer, the Solo10G SFP+ adapter was designed with essential security features. Incorporating encryption in hardware, the Sonnet adapter is protected against malicious modification of its firmware. Any unauthorized attempt at firmware modification to facilitate surreptitious computer access would render the adapter inoperable. This secure design prevents the Solo10G adapter’s firmware from being reprogrammed except by a manufacturer’s update using a secure encryption key.
Replaceable Captive Cable
Through the use of a captive cable, the Solo10G SFP+ adapter’s Thunderbolt connector remains firmly connected to it at all times. Should the cable ever break, it can easily be replaced with an approved replacement cable available from Sonnet or a Sonnet-authorized reseller.
Advanced Features, Intelligent Operatio
The Solo10G SFP+ Thunderbolt 3 Edition adapter attains its high throughput performance and low host-CPU utilization through functions such as flow control, 64-bit address support for systems using more than 4GB of physical memory; and stateless offloads such as TCP, UDP and IPv4 checksum offloading. These processes enable your computer to perform better while large files transfers or high I/O operations take place. This Sonnet adapter also supports the Energy-Efficient Ethernet standard (IEEE 802.3az), which reduces the adapter’s power demands on your computer.
Additional SFP+ Transceiver Choices
Sonnet includes a short-range multi-mode fiber SFP+ module (up to 300 meters), part number G10E-SFP-SR, with the Solo10G adapter. Sonnet also offers a long-range single-mode fiber module (up to 10 kilometers), part number G10E-SFP-LR (sold separately); and a 10GBASE-T copper module (up to 30 meters using CAT 6A cables), part number G10E-SFP-T (sold separately). Alternatively, you can use cost-effective direct-attach Twinax copper cables up to 10 meters long(2).
Pocketable, Bus-Powered, and Silent
Unlike most 10GbE adapters, the Solo10G SFP+ is pocketable—measuring only 3.1 inches wide by 4.9 inches deep by 1.1 inches tall—and bus-powered to enable truly portable use without a power adapter. Designed using the latest technologies, and wrapped in a rugged aluminum case, the Sonnet adapter is cool running and doesn’t need a fan, allowing silent and energy-efficient operation.
How simple? Connect the Solo10G SFP+ adapter to your computer and to the network switch (or directly to 10GbE-enabled storage), and then configure the adapter’s settings through the macOS® Network control panel or Windows(3) Device Manager.