Sonifex: S2 Dual Power Supply Switcher
Ships in 3-5 days
S2-PSU Power Supply
The S2-PSUS is a passive power switcher which takes the power feeds from 2 x S2-PSU units and switches between them in the event of failure. Two trailing leads 0.5m in length connect to 2 x S2-PSU units. With LED failure indicators and GPI alarms, the S2-PSUS is the perfect dual redundant power supply module.
- Increased power efficiency, so that less power is drawn and therefore less heat generated.
- An improved over-current and over-voltage protection system to give increased reliability and stability.
- A dynamically controlled quiet cooling fan which is only switched on when required by the load conditions and temperature (greater than 50° C).
- A new 1U chassis so it takes up less space in a 19” rack.
- A fan failure indicator LED on the front panel so that in the unlikely event that the cooling system should fail, a visible warning is given with the LED flashing red.
- Please note that ALL connections to the mixer should be made before powering up the S2-PSU, otherwise this could trigger the over-current protection. If the over-current protection kicks in, then the unit needs to be powered down for approximately a minute to reset the over-current protection.
- This 1U sized S2-PSU is incompatible with S2-PSUS power supply switchers with a serial number of 16948 or earlier. The S2-PSUS has been redesigned (from April 2011) to work with both 1U and 2U S2-PSU power supplies, but this is only for S2-PSUS switchers with a serial number higher than 16948. Contact Sonifex if you need to replace a 2U S2-PSU and are using an S2-PSUS power supply switcher - either a new version of the S2-PSUS will be required or a 2U S2-PSU power supply will need to be specifically requested.
- The fan is started and run briefly every few minutes to check that it is in operation and to ensure that it doesn’t freeze through lack of use over time.
|(Raw):||48cm (W) x 23cm (D) x 4.4cm (H)
19” (W) x 9” (D) x 1.7” (H)
|(Boxed):||55cm (W) x 39.3cm (D) x 8.5cm (H)
21.6” (W) x 15.5” (D) x 3.4” (H)
|Nett: 1.58kg Gross: 2kg
Nett: 3.5lbs Gross: 4.4lbs