Panasonic: LEICA DG Vario Elmarit 8-18mm f2.8-4.0 ASPH Wide Zoom MFT Lens
Ships in 3-5 days
- LEICA DG Vario Elmarit Micro Four Thirds 8 - 18mm Wide Zoom Lens / 16 - 36mm (35mm Camera Equiv.)
- Focal Length: 8-18mm / 16-36mm (35mm camera equiv.)
- Maximum Aperture: F2.8(Wide) - F4.0(Tele)
- Filter Size: φ67mm
- Nano Surface Coating - reduces bothersome reflections across the entire light spectrum
- Closest Focusing Distance: 0.23m / 0.75ft
- Diagonal Angle of View: 107°(Wide) - 62°(Tele)
- Dimensions: Length: Approx. 88mm / 3.46" (from the tip of the lens to the base side of the lens mount)
- Filter Size: φ67mm
- Focal Length: 8-18mm (35mm camera equivalent 16-36mm)
- Geared Focus / Iris: No
- Lens Construction: 15 elements in 10 groups (1 aspherical ED lens, 3 aspherical lenses, 2 ED lenses, 1 UHR lens)
- Lens Type: Zoom
- Maximum Aperture: F2.8 (Wide) - F4.0 (Tele)
- Maximum Diameter: φ73.4mm / 2.89"
- Maximum Magnification: Approx. 0.12x / 0.24x (35mm camera equivalent)
- Minimum Aperture: F22
- Mount Type: MFT
- Nano Surface Coating: Yes
- No. Diaphragm Blades: 7 diaphragm blades
- Optical Image Stabilizer: No
- Sensor Coverage: Micro Four Thirds
- Weather Proof: Splash /Dust / Freezeproof
- Weight: Approx 315g / 11.1oz (excluding lens cap, lens rear cap and lens hood)
Warranty information available here
- Lens cap
- Lens rear cap
- Lens hood
- Lens storage bag
Branching into wider fields of expression
This wide zoom lens fuses LEICA's image rendering capabilities and nimble mobility. From ultra-wide-angle 16mm landscapes to standard 36mm snapshots (35mm camera equivalent), the incredible resolution of this LEICA DG lens renders everything clearly from corner to corner. It also accommodates a 67mm filter for greater creativity in both photos and videos.
Designed for reliable use even under poor weather conditions, this agile, high-quality lens is ideal for shooting in the field.
LEICA DG Lens – Ultimate Optics
Opt for a LEICA DG lens and get the ultimate in optical quality and performance. They naturally meet the strict quality standards set by Leica Camera AG.
Thanks to the sophisticated design of these lenses, you will enjoy brilliant clarity all the way to the edges of your photos. At the same time, distortions of all kind are prevented to enable precise, sharp picture rendering. This means you have the ideal tool for pro-level
Nano Surface Coating – clarity from all angles
Put an end to unwanted ghosting and flaring – the Nano Surface Coating has been applied to lenses within the system. This special, ultra-thin coating was developed originally by Panasonic to reduce bothersome reflections across the entire light spectrum. The result: crystal-clear pictures even if you’re photographing a light source in the dark.
Video Support – perfect video-recording
With video support any user has everything they need for recording with their LUMIX camera. Not only does it perform smooth aperture changes so there are no sudden jumps in exposure, it also boasts a silent design for enhanced capture of the scene’s audio. What’s more, the stunning AF performance of this lens records excellent 4K video, where precise focusing is essential.
Splash/Dust/Freezeproof – more creative options
Brave the elements in nearly any kind of weather or shooting location. This lens features a splash/dust/freezeproof construction* that is tough enough to withstand even heavy field use. It protects the lens system inside from sand, rain and more, making it perfect for shooting under harsh conditions. Now there is nothing holding you back from capturing the creative nature or landscape shots you want.
*The lens supports this feature in conjunction with splash/dust/freezeproof LUMIX cameras.