Glensound: Stereo studio compact headphone amplifier
- Dante audio input
- Stereo headphone amplifier
- Can be used with mono earpieces
- Under desk mounting
- Small & robust
- Powered by PoE
- 6.35 & 3.5mm headphone outputs
- Up to 96K/ 24 bit audio
Virgil was the Roman poet who guided Dante through Hell and Purgatory, the Glensound Virgil is a clever little headphone amplifier for providing crystal clear audio into studio & broadcast headphones.
Packaged in a small & robust format and designed to be permanently mounted in studios wherever a headphone circuit is required, the Virgil provides a simple interface between Dante network audio systems and users headphones.
The Virgil encompasses our unique headphone amplifier circuit which automatically provides the correct output level to match the impedance of the attached headphones (to produce the same volume high impedance headphones require a much greater output level than low impedance).
Virgil receives 2 x audio circuits from a Dante network and routes one to the left and the other to the right channel of the headphone amplifier. A front panel volume control allows the user to adjust the output volume.
Three mounting holes are supplied to enable the Virgil to be mounted underneath a studio desk in a suitable location for the users headphones. Needing just 1 single network cable to carry both power & audio to the Virgil makes installation very simple.
As well as being suitable for low & high impedance headphones our unique headphone amplifier circuit can be connected to both stereo headphones & mono earpieces, making the Virgil suitable for driving television presenters ear pieces.
- Headphone impedance: 32 to 1000 Ohms
- Maximum output level: +15.8dB into 600 Ohms
- Headphone jacks: 1 x 6.35mm (1/4") and 1 x 3.5mm stereo 3 pole sockets
- Front panel level pot range: -20 to + 10dB standard (-70 to + 10dB special order)
- Frequency Response: >-0.1dB 20Hz to 22kHz
- Distortion: <0.008% @ 1kHz (ref +8dBu)
- Noise: < -73dB @ line up (22Hz to 22kHz)
- Output Power: 1 watt
- No of Circuits: 2 off inputs, 1 routed left ear other routed right ear
- Max current consumption: 2 watts
- Powered by Power Over Ethernet (PoE)
- Dante Network Interface
- Sample frequency: Up to 96kHz
- Resolution: 24 bit
- Line up: 0dBu = -18dBFs