SONNET Twin 10G Thunderbolt 3 to Dual Port Copper 10GBASE-T Ethernet Adaptor
- Twin 10G Thunderbolt 3 Edition Dual-Port 10GBASE-T 10 Gigabit Ethernet Thunderbolt 3 Adapter
- 0.5m Thunderbolt cable
- Universal power adapter
- Power cord
Blazing-Fast 10GbE Connectivity Over Thunderbolt 3 for Mac and Windows
Are you looking for a straightforward and economical approach to connecting your computer to a high-speed 10 Gigabit Ethernet (10GbE) network using the Thunderbolt 3 port on your computer? You’ll need an adapter. Delivering up to ten times Gigabit Ethernet’s performance and supporting uses such as HD video editing on high-performance shared storage systems, it’s no wonder that 10GbE use has soared. Sonnet’s Twin 10G™ SFP+ 10GbE Thunderbolt 3 adapter is the powerfully simple solution for adding blazing-fast 10GbE network connectivity to any Mac® or Windows® computer(1) with Thunderbolt 3 (USB-C) ports.
Flexibility of SFP+ Transceiver Choices
Sonnet offers three SFP+ transceiver options (sold separately)—a short-range multi-mode fiber module (up to 300 meters), part number G10E-SFP-SR; a long-range single-mode fiber module (up to 10 kilometers), part number G10E-SFP-LR; and a 10GBASE-T copper module, part number G10E-SFP-T (Cat 6A cable up to 100 meters). Alternatively, you can use cost-effective direct-attach Twinax copper cables up to 10 meters long (sold separately).
Easy to Set Up
Simply connect the Twin 10G SFP+ Thunderbolt 3 adapter to your computer via the included Thunderbolt 3 (40Gbps) cable, download and install a driver, install SFP+ module(s) (sold separately), connect the adapter to the network switch or directly to 10GbE-enabled storage, and configure the adapter’s settings through the macOS™ Network control panel or Windows Device Manager.
Connect your computer to the switch or device’s 10GbE ports via inexpensive CAT-6 or CAT-6A copper cabling
The Twin 10G SFP+ Thunderbolt 3 adapter’s high throughput performance and low host-CPU utilization are attained through functions such as flow control, 64-bit address support for systems using more than 4GB of physical memory; and stateless offloads such as TCP, UDP and IPv4 checksum offloading. These operations enable your computer to perform better while large files transfers or high I/O operations take place. This Sonnet adapter’s dual 10GbE connections support transparent failover to keep your computer connected in case a single cable is disconnected or one of the ports fails, and also support link aggregation(3) for increased throughput!
Compact and Nearly Noiseless
Small enough to easily fit in most workspaces, the Twin 10G SFP+ Thunderbolt 3 adapter is still large enough to support proper airflow inside the case—its design enables the adapter’s temperature-controlled, variable-speed fan to keep the adapter running cool and whisper-quiet at all times, making it suitable for use in noise-sensitive environments. Constructed of rugged and lightweight aluminum, the adapter’s outer shell securely protects the inner circuitry.
Thunderbolt 3 — The USB-C That Does It All
The Twin 10G SFP+ Thunderbolt 3 Edition adapter includes two Thunderbolt 3 (USB-C) ports; the first connects the adapter to your computer, while the second supports daisy-chaining of up to five additional Thunderbolt peripheral devices(4) to a single port on your computer. The Sonnet adapter includes 10Gbps USB 3.1 Gen 2 support, meaning you can connect a USB device(5) to the second port using the proper cable or adapter. The Twin 10G also provides full support for connecting two 4K displays @ 60Hz or one 5K display @ 60Hz(6). For connected devices requiring extra power, 15 watts is provided to connected bus-powered devices(7).
Thunderbolt 3 (40Gbps) Cable and ThunderLok™ 3 Included
Sonnet includes a 0.5-meter Thunderbolt 3 cable to connect the Twin 10G SFP+ Thunderbolt 3 Edition to your computer, and a Sonnet ThunderLok 3 Thunderbolt connector retainer clip(8) to secure the cable to the adapter. Accidental cable disconnects can lead to data loss, but Sonnet’s ThunderLok 3 helps prevent them, securing the Thunderbolt cable to the adapter. ThunderLok 3 is easy to install and use—just slide it over one of the cable’s connectors, plug in the connector, and then secure it to the adapter by turning a thumbscrew. Because ThunderLok doesn’t attach to the connector, it remains on the cable and won’t get lost when not in use.
Connect computer to one port on the Twin 10G SFP+ Thunderbolt 3 Edition and daisy chain up to 5 additional Thunderbolt devices (plus two 4K monitors, one 5K display, or one USB 3.0 device)
- Adds High-Performance 10GbE SFP+ Connectivity
Simply powerful way to add dual 10GbE SFP+ connections to your computer with Thunderbolt 3 ports
- Connection Flexibility
Choose among short-range or long-range SFP+ transceivers plus LC fiber optical cables (all sold separately), 10GBASE-T SFP+ tranceivers plus Cat 6 or 6A cable (all sold separately), or SFP+ direct-attach Twinax copper cables (sold separately) to connect the adapter to your network or storage
- Easy Setup
Configured through macOS Network control panel or Windows Device Manager
- Supports Transparent Failover
Keeps your computer connected in case a single cable is disconnected or one of the ports fails
- Supports Link Aggregation (Teaming)
Increases throughput beyond what a single connection can sustain in some applications(3)
- Compact and Nearly Noiseless
Adapter is small enough to sit on most any work surface, and quiet enough for use in noise-sensitive environments
- Rugged Aluminum Housing
Provides robust and secure protection
- Two Thunderbolt 3 (USB-C) Ports
One port reserved for connection to the computer; second port supports daisy-chaining of up to five additional Thunderbolt(4) devices to your computer, attaching a single USB(5) peripheral device, or connecting up to two 4K displays or one 5K display(6)
- Power for Peripherals
Provides up to 15W of power to connected peripheral or host(7)
- Thunderbolt Cable & ThunderLok Included
Includes 0.5-meter Thunderbolt 3 (40Gbps) cable and ThunderLok 3 Thunderbolt connector retainer clip to secure cable from accidental disconnections
- Mac with Thunderbolt 3 ports
- Mac with a Thunderbolt 2 or Thunderbolt port with an Apple Thunderbolt 3 (USB C) to Thunderbolt 2 Adapter
- macOS® 10.12.6+
- PC with Thunderbolt 3 ports
- Windows 10 (64-bit Edition Version 1703 or greater)(1)
Important Note: Windows computers require the latest BIOS and Thunderbolt drivers to support this product. Check with your computer manufacturer for update information.
- Windows computers require the latest firmware (BIOS) and Thunderbolt drivers to support this product. Check with your computer manufacturer for update information.
- Full performance requires the use of the included Thunderbolt 3 (40Gbps) cable, or other Thunderbolt 3 (40Gbps) cables; look for the Thunderbolt icon AND the number 3 on the connector housings to identify these cables.
- Switch/router must support link aggregation (teaming), and ports must be configured for link aggregation. Windows 10 teaming requires Creator's update, version 1703 or greater.
- Second Thunderbolt 3 port supports Thunderbolt and Thunderbolt 2 peripheral devices on Macs used with the Apple Thunderbolt 3 (USB-C) to Thunderbolt 2 Adapter, sold separately.
- Second Thunderbolt 3 port supports USB 3.1 Gen 1 (5Gb) or Gen 2 (10Gb) devices when connected with proper cable or adapter (sold separately).
- One 4K monitor directly supported. Two 4K monitors requires either a 4K monitor with multi-stream transport support (DP out), or a Thunderbolt 3 to Dual DisplayPort adapter. 5K monitor requires a Thunderbolt 3 to Dual DisplayPort adapter. All Thunderbolt 3 Macs support two 4K monitors. Most Thunderbolt PCs support two 4K monitors.
- Feature to be added in a future firmware release to support Windows.
- ThunderLok 3 compatible with Sonnet 0.5 meter Thunderbolt 3 cables, but not with Sonnet 1-meter Thunderbolt 3 cables.