SONNET Thunderbolt 3 to Dual DisplayPort Adapter
Ships in 3-5 days
- Thunderbolt 3 to DisplayPort Adapter
Connect Two 4K Displays from a Single Thunderbolt 3 Port on a Mac or PC
Sonnet’s Thunderbolt™ 3 to Dual DisplayPort Adapter is certified for use with both Mac® and Windows® Thunderbolt 3 equipped computers, and enables you to connect one or two larger displays to a single Thunderbolt 3 port on your computer(1). With the adapter connected, you can connect up to two 4K @ 60Hz DisplayPort (DP) monitors, or one 5K @ 60Hz DP monitor.
Whether you need to view your work on a large UHD display or across two displays, or you need to view it with the highest resolution possible, this Sonnet plug-and-play adapter enables you to work more efficiently. With two displays attached, you can fill one with full-screen workspace, and use the other for tools, other applications, and more.
Convenient – No External Power Adapter Required
To use it, simply plug in the Sonnet Thunderbolt 3 to Dual DisplayPort Adapter into one of your computer’s Thunderbolt 3 ports, and connect DisplayPort cables (sold separately) between the adapter and your monitors. Your computer powers the Sonnet adapter, so there’s no need to connect an additional power adapter.
Thunderbolt Certified for Mac® and Windows®(2), the Sonnet Thunderbolt 3-to-Dual DisplayPort Adapter can be used with the latest and best computers available. If you need to connect a monitor without a DisplayPort (DP) input, the Sonnet dual DisplayPort adapter is compatible with active DP-to-HDMI, DP-to-DVI, and DP-to-VGA adapters. And, unlike USB adapters, the Sonnet adapter won’t drain system resources that might impact your computer’s performance.
Adapts to Your Needs
Although the Sonnet adapter supports one monitor with a 5120 x 2880 resolution (5K), or two monitors at resolutions up to 4096 x 2160 (4K), you can also use it to connect monitors with lower resolution, like full HD 1080p (1920 x 1080) or 1920 x 1200 monitors. This makes it great for use for different home and office workspace applications. And, with built-in audio support, there’s no need for you to connect an additional cable to hear sound from the monitors.
Although Sonnet’s Thunderbolt 3 to Dual DisplayPort Adapter supports the connection of up to two 4K monitor or one 5K monitor with 60Hz refresh rates, the actual number of monitors it will support, as well as the screen refresh rates, are determined by your computer. Click here to view a list of Thunderbolt 3 hosts (computers) and their capabilities; please note that at any given time this list may not be complete. Click the appropriate Filter by Brand/OEM link, and then find your computer model. Check the center column to identify its external display support capabilities. If your model is not listed, contact your computer’s manufacturer for information. If “Dual 4K@60Hz” is listed, your computer will also support a 5K monitor @ 60Hz.
- Connects Up to Two DisplayPort Displays to a Single Thunderbolt 3 Port
Enables connection of two 4K DisplayPort (DP) displays @ 60Hz, or one 5K DP display @ 60Hz to a single Thunderbolt 3 port on your computer(1)
- Compatible with Both Mac and Windows
Thunderbolt certified for use with macOS and Windows computers with Thunderbolt 3 ports(1)(2)
- Enables You to Work More Efficiently
Fill one display with full-screen workspace; use the other for tools, other applications, etc.
- No Power Adapter Required
Sonnet adapter draws power from Thunderbolt 3 port
- Backward-compatible with 1080p HD Displays
Great for use for different home and office workspace applications
- Compatible with Active HDMI, DVI and VGA
Enables connection of non-DisplayPort displays
- Built In Audio Support
No need to connect additional cables, audio signal passed over DisplayPort connection to display that has audio output capabilities
- Compact and Rugged Design
Portable aluminum enclosure with two DisplayPort connectors
- Won't Drain System Resources
Unlike USB video adapters, the Sonnet adapter makes no impact on your computer’s performance
- Not compatible with USB-C only ports. Not all Thunderbolt 3 computers support dual displays or 60Hz refresh rates. Visit this web page and click the Filter by Brand/OEM link matching your computer, and then locate your computer model to determine its capabilities. Please note that at any given time this list may not be complete. If your computer model is not listed, please contact the manufacturer for information. Check with your computer manufacturer for update information.
- Windows computers require the latest firmware (BIOS) and Thunderbolt drivers to support this product.
- 5120 × 2880 (5K) resolution support requires the connection of both adapter ports to a compatible 5K monitor’s DP ports using DP cables (sold separately).