Sonnet Solo10G SFP+ 10 Gigabit Ethernet Adapter (SFP+ [SR] included) [Thunderbolt compatible]
Ships in 3-5 days
- 1 x Solo10G SFP+ PCIe Card
- 1 x 10GBASE-SR (short-range) SFP+ transceiver
- 2 x mounting brackets (full-height and low-profile)
- Adds 10GbE Connectivity to Mac Pro Towers, Windows PCs, or Linux Servers - Powerfully simple way to add high-performance 10GbE connectivity via optical cable to your computer with PCIe slots
- Cost-Effective - Includes 10GBASE-SR (short-range) SFP+ transceiver and supports connection up to 300 meters to 10GbE infrastructure via LC multi-mode fiber optic cable (sold separately)
- Easy Setup - Configure using your computer’s operating system network device configuration tools
- Optimized for Thunderbolt™ - Ideal for use in Sonnet’s Echo™ Express and xMac™ Thunderbolt-to-PCIe card expansion systems
- Mac Pro® (Mid 2010 or newer), PC desktop, or server with full-height or low-profile PCIe slots
- macOS® High Sierra (10.13.6+); macOS Mojave compatible
- Windows® 10, 8, 7; Server 2016, 2012
- Mac via a Thunderbolt 2 or Thunderbolt 3 to PCIe card expansion system
- Windows computer running Windows 10 Build 1809 or newer (64-bit edition), via a Thunderbolt 3 to PCIe card expansion system
- As of macOS 10.14.2, macOS does not yet support 5Gb and 2.5Gb data rates.
- Driver download and installation required for use with Windows and Linux.
- All cables sold separately.
All new Sonnet Products purchased on or after January 1, 2019, have a Two Year Limited Warranty, except as listed here. All new Sonnet Products purchased on or before December 31, 2018, have a One Year Limited Warranty, except as listed here.
Blazing-Fast 10GbE Connectivity Over Optical Cables
Made possible by advances in technology—plus cheaper gear—more content than ever is captured and outputted at 4K and higher resolutions. The resulting files are larger than ever. For post-production shared storage workgroups and other bandwidth-intensive workflows, 10 Gigabit Ethernet (10GbE) has become the new data transfer standard.
While very affordable 10GbE switches have helped to significantly reduce the expense of setting up 10GbE infrastructure, the price of adding client connectivity—especially fiber optic connections—has remained a barrier for some. Now, there is an equally affordable 10GbE interface for your desktop and workstation computers—Sonnet’s Solo10G™ SFP+ PCIe® Card, a powerfully simple solution for adding blazing-fast fiber optic 10GbE network connectivity to Mac®, Windows®, and Linux® computers at a price that’s sure to please.
10x the Performance of Gigabit Ethernet
The Solo10G SFP+ PCIe Card includes a 10GBASE-SR (short-range) SFP+ transceiver (the most commonly-used optical transceiver), enabling you to connect your computer to 10GbE infrastructure via LC optical cable (optical cables sold separately) at distances up to 300 meters.
Advanced Feature Support
The Solo10G SFP+ PCIe Card’s high throughput performance and low host-CPU utilization are attained through functions such as flow control, 64-bit address support for systems using more than 4GB of physical memory; and stateless offloads such as TCP, UDP and IPv4 checksum offloading. These processes enable your computer to perform better while large files transfers or high I/O operations take place.
Additional SFP+ Transceiver Choices
Sonnet includes a short-range multi-mode fiber SFP+ module (up to 300 meters), part number G10E-SFP-SR, included with the Solo10G card. Sonnet also offers a long-range single-mode fiber module (up to 10 kilometers), part number G10E-SFP-LR (sold separately); and a 10GBASE-T copper module (up to 30 meters using CAT 6A cables), part number G10E-SFP-T (sold separately). Alternatively, you can use cost-effective direct-attach Twinax copper cables up to 10 meters long(3).
How simple? Install the Solo10G SFP+ PCIe Card in your computer or Thunderbolt expansion system(2), connect to the network switch or directly to 10GbE-enabled storage, and configure the card’s settings through your computer’s operating system network device configuration tools.
Includes Two Mounting Brackets
The Solo10G SFP+ PCIe Card is packaged with both full-height and low-profile mounting brackets, enabling installation of the card into any PCIe slot.
Optimized for Thunderbolt
Got a Thunderbolt connection, but no PCIe slot? Solo10G SFP+ PCIe Card is ideal for use in one of Sonnet’s Echo Express™ and xMac™ Thunderbolt-to-PCIe card multi-slot expansion systems—the combo enables you to add an ultra-fast 10GbE network connection to any Mac with Thunderbolt 2 or Thunderbolt 3 ports, or Windows PC with Thunderbolt 3 ports.
Perfect for the Extra Slot in Your Multi-Slot Thunderbolt Chassis
Have a multi-slot Thunderbolt 2 or Thunderbolt 3 to PCIe card expansion chassis with an open slot? Installing a Solo10G SFP+ PCIe Card is an excellent way to inexpensively add 10GbE connectivity to your computer.