SONNET Presto 10G SFP + Ethernet 2 Port PCIe Card
- Presto 10GbE Server 2-Port 10 Gigabit Ethernet PCI Express Card
- Two mounting brackets
Ultra-Fast 10 Gb/s Network Connection
With increasing demands for greater data transfer speeds and more bandwidth over shared networks, and with specialized applications such as HD video editing using high-performance shared storage systems, it’s no wonder that 10 Gigabit Ethernet (10GbE) use has skyrocketed—this high-speed wired networking standard offers ten times the performance of Gigabit Ethernet, the common wired network connection included with most computers today. Sonnet offers a powerfully simple way to add dual-port 10GbE connectivity to your Mac Pro® tower or Windows® PC—the Presto™ 10GbE SFP+.
Simple Set-Up. High-Performance Computing.
The Presto 10GbE SFP+ dual-port 10 Gigabit Ethernet PCI Express 2.0 adapter card enables you to connect your computer to high-speed infrastructure and storage without stepping down in speed. Setup is simple—after installing the low-profile card into an available x8 or x16 PCIe slot in your computer, just download and install a driver, connect to the switch or device’s 10GbE port via LC fiber optic cables (SFP+ transceivers and fiber cables sold separately), or copper cables (sold separately), and then configure the card through the OS X® Network control panel or Windows Device Manager. This Sonnet solution is perfect for high-performance computing where low latency, high bandwidth, and low CPU overhead are required.
Its increased throughput performance and low host-CPU utilization are achieved through functions such as support for flow control, 64-bit address support for systems using more than 4GB of physical memory; and stateless offloads such as TCP, UDP and IPv4 checksum off2loading, enabling your computer to perform better while large files transfers or high I/O operations take place. With its dual ports, this Sonnet adapter supports transparent failover to keep your computer connected in case a single cable is disconnected or one of the ports fails, and it also supports link aggregation for increased throughput!
Flexibility of SFP+ Transceiver Choices
Sonnet offers three SFP+ transceiver options (sold separately)—a short-range multi-mode fiber module (up to 300 meters), part number G10E-SFP-SR; a long-range single-mode fiber module (up to 10 kilometers), part number G10E-SFP-LR; and a 10GBASE-T copper module, part number G10E-SFP-T (Cat 6A cable up to 100 meters). Alternatively, you can use cost-effective direct-attach Twinax copper cables up to 10 meters long (sold separately).
Optimized for Thunderbolt
Got a Thunderbolt connection, but no PCIe slot? Presto 10GbE SFP+ is ideal for use in one of Sonnet’s Echo Express or xMac Thunderbolt-to-PCIe card expansion systems—the combo enables you to add ultra-fast 10GbE network connections to any Mac® or Windows PC with a Thunderbolt 2 port.
- Adds 10GbE Connectivity to Mac Pro Towers and Windows PCs - Powerfully simple way to add high-performance 10GbE connectivity to your computer with PCIe slots
- Optimized for Thunderbolt™ - Ideal for use in Sonnet’s Echo™ Express and xMac™ Thunderbolt-to-PCIe card expansion systems
- Connection Flexibility - Choose either two short-range or two long-range SFP+ transceivers (sold separately), or two SFP+-terminated “Direct Attach” twinax copper cables (sold separately) to connect the Presto card to your network or storage
- Simple Setup - Low-profile x8 PCI Express® 2.0 card installs into an available slot, and after a simple driver installation, configures through OS X Network control panel or Windows Device Manager
- Supports Transparent Failover - Keeps your computer connected in case a single cable is disconnected or one of the ports fails
- Supports Link Aggregation (Teaming) - Increases throughput beyond what a single connection can sustain
- Mac Pro, PC desktop, or server with full-height or low-profile PCIe slots
- OS X 10.8.5+
- macOS Sierra compatible
- 64-bit editions of Windows 10, 8, 7; Server 2016, 2012, 2008