SONNET eGFX Breakaway Puck Radeon RX 570
Please call us for alternatives or end of line stock.
- eGFX Breakaway Box Puck
- Power adapter
- 0.5-meter Thunderbolt 3 (40Gbps) cable
- Connects a High Performance External GPU (built in) to Your Computer with Thunderbolt 3 Ports - Connects an AMD Radeon 570 or 560 GPU to your eGFX-compatible computer with Thunderbolt 3 ports, to substantially uplift graphics performance
- Small and Highly Portable - Measuring a compact 6 inches wide by 5.1 inches deep by 2 inches tall, the Puck has a minimal footprint on the desktop, fits easily into a computer bag or backpack
- Provides 45W of Power Delivery - The Puck powers and charges your computer(1) while connected, even when not in use, allowing you to leave your computer’s power brick behind
- VESA Mounting Bracket Kit Available - Optional mounting kit enables a zero desktop footprint installation, securing the Puck to the back of a monitor or multi-display stand and connecting it with an included DP cable
- Multi-Display Graphics Dock for Ultrabooks - With its three DisplayPort ports and one HDMI port, the Puck can support up to four 4K displays
- 40Gbps Thunderbolt 3 Interface with One Thunderbolt 3 (USB-C) Port - Ensures full 2750 MB/s of PCIe bandwidth is dedicated to the GPU
- Choice of Models - Radeon RX 560 model offers the best value and portability for gaming, and ideal for use as a graphics dock for multi-display support; while the more powerful Radeon RX 570 model delivers even smoother gaming at even higher resolution and frame rates and is the model best-suited for pro video application support
Extremely Portable High Performance External Graphics Acceleration
Office • Dorm Room • Coffee Shop • LAN Party
External GPU to Go!
Gaming or graphics processing on a thin/light notebook? Even when equipped with a beautiful display and a high-performance CPU, you probably wouldn’t have thought of loading games onto one (unless you like playing at low frame rates, resolutions, and detail settings).
With the development of Thunderbolt 3 connected external GPUs, such as Sonnet’s eGFX Breakaway Box, desktop boxes that support a range of desktop GPU cards that can boost your computer’s graphics performance are now available, making Ultrabook™ gaming and video editing a reality. But, they are, at best, transportable. What if you could instantly boost your computer’s graphics performance anytime and anywhere you need it, without being anchored to a desk? Here’s an idea—Pack a Puck.
Sonnet’s eGFX Breakaway™ Puck is an extremely-portable, high-performance, all-in-one external GPU for Thunderbolt 3 computers that provides accelerated graphics and multi-display connectivity. With a Puck connected to your computer, you can dramatically accelerate popular graphics-intensive games and pro applications anywhere.
The eGFX Breakaway Puck conveniently packs with your notebook in a backpack or computer bag when you need GPU acceleration while on the road. Connected to your computer with a single 0.5-meter Thunderbolt 3 (40Gbps) cable (included), the Puck provides 45W of Power Delivery, which means it will power and charge your computer(3) while connected, even when not in use, allowing you to leave your computer’s power brick behind. Whether you’re looking for a ultra-convenient way to game with an ultrabook at a LAN party, or you’re a pro who needs an extra computational power boost for on-location rendering, color grading and video editing, the Puck injects extra GPU power to go.
Measuring a compact 6 inches wide by 5.1 inches deep by 2 inches tall, the eGFX Breakaway Puck has a minimal footprint on the desktop, and is the right size to compliment your thin/light notebook.
Zero Desktop Footprint (with Optional VESA Mounting Bracket)
Using the optional VESA Mounting Bracket Kit, you can free up desk space and mount the eGFX Breakaway Puck to the back of a monitor with open VESA mounting holes (VESA 75 and VESA 100 hole patterns supported). The bracket is secured with provided hardware, and provides simple cable management. To further cut down on cable clutter, Sonnet includes a 0.5-meter DisplayPort cable in the kit to connect between the Puck and your display. The Mounting Bracket Kit also includes parts that enable it to be attached to virtually any multi-monitor stand on any shaped stand upright or monitor arm.
For single monitor mounting, the optional Puck VESA Mounting Bracket Kit is mounted to its open VESA mounting holes (VESA 75 and VESA 100 hole patterns supported) with provided screws.
Multi-Display Graphics Dock for Ultrabooks
When you choose an Ultrabook, you don’t get all the same capabilities as a desktop computer can offer, such as connecting multiple displays. But, of course, you wouldn’t want to carry a desktop computer in your backpack. Why choose between the ultimate in notebook portability and multi-display support? With its three DisplayPort ports and one HDMI port, the eGFX Breakaway Puck leverages AMD’s Eyefinity multi-display technology to support up to four 4K displays with its single Radeon GPU! With the Puck connected, there’s no need to compromise between the super-light notebook you want and the number of displays you need on your desktop.
40Gbps Thunderbolt 3 Performance
Thunderbolt 3 is a leap forward in every way. Whether you’re editing 4K video at high frame rates or blasting aliens out of the sky, you can now transform your notebook into a true desktop experience. With up to 2750 MB/s available bandwidth(1), the Breakaway Box exploits its 40Gbps Thunderbolt 3 interface to offer the best-possible eGPU experience, or handle the most demanding, highest performance PCIe cards
Pick a Puck:
Sonnet offers two eGFX Breakaway Puck models from which to choose, enabling you to select one best suited to your needs. Both deliver powerful GPU acceleration, packing big performance into a conveniently small package. Both support AMD XConnect™ technology, enabling easy connection and disconnection of the Puck without having to power cycle your computer. Both Pucks enable you to enjoy smooth gameplay at 60+ FPS with many of the most popular games, or boost the performance of professional graphics applications while using a notebook computer on-location.
- While the eGFX Breakaway Puck features a 40Gbps Thunderbolt 3 interface, some computers equipped with Thunderbolt 3 use an x2 PCIe lane implementation of Thunderbolt 3 technology that limits PCIe performance to 20Gbps. Find more computer information here. Full performance also requires the use of the included Thunderbolt 3 (40Gbps) cable, or other Thunderbolt 3 (40Gbps) cables; look for the Thunderbolt icon AND the number 3 on the connector housings to identify these cables.
- macOS High Sierra (10.13) currently offers only beta support for connection of external GPUs, and not all Thunderbolt Macs are currently supported with AMD beta GPU Thunderbolt drivers. For information regarding enabling the use of the eGFX Breakaway Puck with macOS, click here.
- Laptops with 45-60W AC power adapters (typically 13-inch models) that support Thunderbolt 3 charging (PD - Power Delivery) may be powered and charged by the eGFX Breakaway Puck, even while gaming at 100% CPU usage. Laptops with AC power adapters rated at 87W-100W that support Thunderbolt 3 charging may be powered and charged by the Puck under modest CPU usage, but may slowly discharge using the 45W of Puck power while gaming at 100% CPU usage. Connecting bus-powered storage to a laptop will draw additional power that may affect the charging (discharging) rate. When not in use, any connected computer that supports Thunderbolt 3 charging will be charged to 100% by the Puck.