SONNET Echo Express 15 Thunderbolt Dock No Optical - 0TB
- Connects Your Peripherals with One Cable—Connect your peripherals to the Echo dock; connect your computer to and disconnect it from the dock using one Thunderbolt cable (sold separately)
- Provides Multiple Interfaces and Thunderbolt 2 Compatibility—Thunderbolt 2 (backward compatible with 10Gbs Thunderbolt), USB 3.0, SATA and eSATA, FireWire 800, Gigabit Ethernet, and audio
- Adds an Optical Drive to Your Computer—Choose between an 8x DVD±RW drive, a Blu-ray disc player (BD-ROM/8x DVD±RW drive), or Blu-Ray burner (4x BD-R/8x DVD±RW drive)
- Adds Blu-ray Movie Play Support for OS X—When purchased with the Blu-ray player option, OS X Blu-ray player software is included
- Supports Internal Hard Drive or SSD Installation—Install one 3.5" hard drive or two 6Gb/s 2.5" SSDs or hard drives
- Flexible Design—Front and rear USB 3.0 and audio ports, plus the ability to be placed horizontally or vertically, provide the dock great flexibility in use
- iOS Device Charger—USB 3.0 ports can charge your iPad, iPhone, or iPod, even while the computer is disconnected, off, or sleeping; all four ports provide 7.5W, optimized for quick charging
- Wide Range of Display Connection Options—Select from a variety of inexpensive Mini DisplayPort to popular display interfaces such as HDMI, DVI, VGA and Dual-Link DVI
- Compatible with Every Thunderbolt Mac—Supports any Mac with a Thunderbolt port running OS X 10.9.5+
- Windows Compatible—Compatible with Thunderbolt 2 PCs running Windows 10, 8, or 7
- Mac® with a Thunderbolt or Thunderbolt 2 port
- MacBook Pro with Thunderbolt 3 port
- OS X® 10.9.5+
- macOS Sierra compatible
- Echo 15+ Thunderbolt 2 Dock
- One power cord
- One power adapter
Connect to Your Peripherals with a Single Cable
Sonnet's Echo 15+ Thunderbolt 2 Dock enables you to connect any Mac® with a Thunderbolt port to your peripherals through a single Thunderbolt cable (sold separately), an especially handy ability for notebook users. Simply plug in your printer, keyboard, mouse, cable modem, external hard drive, display, headphones, speakers, microphone, and iPad®, iPhone®, or iPod®, and other devices to the Echo dock with their supplied cables, and connect your computer to the dock with a Thunderbolt cable. When it's time to disconnect your computer, just unplug the Thunderbolt cable. The Echo 15+ gives you plenty of interfaces to choose from, including USB 3.0, eSATA, FireWire® 800, Gigabit Ethernet, 3.5 mm audio input, 3.5 mm audio output, and Thunderbolt.
4K Workflow Support — All Through One Dock
The Echo 15+ is the perfect docking station for connecting all of your peripherals, including the latest ultra HD 4K displays. With all the ports necessary to connect current and legacy devices, the option to add internal storage with support for data transfer rates of up to 750 MB/s, as well as the ability to burn projects to optical media, Sonnet’s Echo 15+ Thunderbolt 2 Dock becomes your go-to station for flexible connectivity.
Your Choice of Optical Drive
If you've purchased a new iMac®, MacBook Air®, MacBook Pro® with Retina® Display, Mac Pro, or ultra-thin Windows® notebook, you may have noticed something's missing—there’s no optical drive. Not to worry, the Echo 15+ Thunderbolt 2 Dock has you covered—it includes your choice of DVD±RW drive, Blu-ray Disc™ player (BD-ROM/8x DVD±RW), or Blu-Ray burner (4x BD-R/8x DVD±RW) optical drive.
For those who purchase the Blu-ray Disc player model, you'll find the included Blu-ray player software for OS X® is very handy, enabling you to watch Blu-ray movies on your computer or attached monitor.
Rugged Aluminum Design, Multiple Ports
Sonnet designed the Echo 15+ Thunderbolt 2 Dock for maximum flexibility in use. The rugged aluminum case is engineered to effectively dissipate heat and is more than sturdy enough to support the latest Mac Pro, a 27" all-in-one computer, or a large format display up to 34".
For your convenience, USB 3.0, audio input, and audio output ports are placed on both the front and back of the enclosure, so you can leave frequently used devices connected to the back ports, and connect devices you disconnect more often to the front ports.
The headphone jack on the front supports a mini TOSLINK optical digital audio cable, enabling you to pass stereo audio out to your A/V system. Dual Thunderbolt 2 ports enable the Echo 15+ Thunderbolt 2 Dock to support daisy chaining of Thunderbolt peripherals. You can even connect a 4K Display, or other monitor type with an appropriate adapter, so you're not limited to a single type of display interface.
- Optical Drive
Choose between DVD burner, Blu-ray player, or Blu-ray burner options
- Drive Bay
Install a 3.5" hard drive, or two 2.5" SSDs or hard drives
- Two Thunderbolt 2 Ports
Connect your computer to one port; daisy chain other Thunderbolt devices, or connect an external display to the other
- Four USB 3.0 Ports
Connect and quick-charge devices (one 12W power USB port) such as iPads
- FireWire 800 Port
Connect FireWire storage devices and other peripherals
- Two 6Gb/s eSATA Ports
Connect single- and multi-drive storage systems with eSATA interfaces
- Gigabit Ethernet Port
Connect a wired router, switch, or modem
- Audio Ports
Easily connect headphones or digital audio device, and a microphone
- Audio In and Speaker Ports
Connect a line-level input and speakers
Storage Space for a Time Machine® (Drive) or High-Performance SSDs
Sonnet designed the Echo 15+ Thunderbolt 2 Dock with extra space, mounting hardware, and connectors for you to install one 3.5" SATA hard drive, or two 2.5" drives, either SSDs (solid state drives) or hard drives. Dual independent 6Gb/s SATA interfaces deliver maximum performance to support a pair of SSDs at up to 750 MB/s, or an HDD at its maximum speeds. Add a high-capacity drive to use as your Mac's Time Machine drive, to back up your computer's data, or to store your ever-growing media library. Optionally, you can install a pair of high-performance SSDs for blazing-fast access to applications and files, or a pair of 2.5" hard drives mirrored for redundancy. Whichever choice you make, the drive or drives mount inside the Echo dock, so you can expand your storage without the fuss of adding another external drive enclosure, another power brick, and more cable clutter.
Connect a Display
The Thunderbolt port on your computer is essentially a Mini DisplayPort video connection that adds high speed PCIe for data. This means that there is a broad range of inexpensive adapters (sold separately) that can bridge between Mini DisplayPort and common display interface types. You can connect the display directly to the second Thunderbolt port or as the last device in the Thunderbolt chain.
Display interface types that can be connected to your Echo 15+ Thunderbolt 2 Dock via Thunderbolt include:
- Thunderbolt Display – Direct Connect
- Mini DisplayPort – Direct Connect
- HDMI – Mini DisplayPort to HDMI Adapter
- Dual-Link DVI – Mini DisplayPort to Dual-Link DVI Adapter
- DVI – Mini DisplayPort to DVI Adapter
- VGA – Mini DisplayPort to VGA Adapter
iPhone and iPad Charging Hub
With its four powered USB 3.0 ports, the Echo 15+ Thunderbolt 2 Dock will be the hub for charging devices, too. Each port can charge your iPad, iPhone, or iPod, even when your computer is disconnected, off, or sleeping.
Advanced USB 3.0 Feature Support
The Echo dock’s USB 3.0 ports support UASP (USB Attached SCSI Protocol) and Wake On Demand (Wake On USB 3.0). UASP support ensures that UASP-enabled external drives connected to the dock achieve their maximum data transfer rate potential, with performance improved by up to 20% above the drive connected to a USB host without UASP support. Wake on demand support allows devices such as a keyboard connected to the Echo dock's USB 3.0 ports to wake your computer.
The Echo dock supports the ThunderLok Thunderbolt connector retainer clip. The ThunderLok (sold separately) slides over a standard copper Thunderbolt cable (sold separately) and screws into the back of the Echo dock to prevent accidental disconnects. When not in use, the ThunderLok remains on the cable so it won’t get lost.
Get Full Thunderbolt Performance, At a Distance
There are situations where placing a computer somewhere other than the workspace is called for, such as securing equipment inside a centralized machine room. Mount a Mac® mini in a Sonnet xMac™ mini Server Thunderbolt 2-to-PCIe expansion system or RackMac™ mini rackmount enclosure, or a Mac Pro® in an xMac Pro Server Thunderbolt 2-to-PCIe expansion system or RackMac Pro rackmount enclosure, and then install it into an equipment rack. Set up a monitor, keyboard, and mouse at the user’s desktop or workstation, plug in the gear to the Echo 15+ Thunderbolt 2 dock, and then add the missing link—an optical Thunderbolt cable. Available in lengths up to 60 meters, you can give the user access to the power without the computer nearby. Sonnet offers 10-meter Optical Thunderbolt Cable