SONNET Allegro Pro USB 3.1 PCIe Card (4 10Gb charging ports) [Thunderbolt compatible]
Ships in 3-5 days
- Allegro Pro USB 3.1 PCIe adapter card
- SuperSpeed+ 10Gbps USB Ports - Adds four 10Gbps USB-A ports to your Mac Pro, Windows PC, or Linux(1) computer with PCIe slots; or Thunderbolt to PCIe card expansion system
- Dual USB 3.1 Gen 2 Controllers - Support data transfers at up to twice as fast as USB 3.0 and USB 3.1 Gen 1, and boost data transfer speeds between connected drives
- Powered Ports - Supports USB bus-powered SSD, SSD RAID, and hard drive devices with up to 7.5W power per port
- Supports Charge & Sync - Supports USB 3.0 charging port handshake, and will simultaneously sync and charge iPads and other devices that support USB 3.0 charging at 1.5A per device
- Protected Power Delivery - Independent power regulation isolates each port to prevent cross-coupled power glitches that may cause accidental disconnects; resettable device overcurrent fuses protect the card and computer, and may be reset by a simple shutdown
- Optimized for Thunderbolt - Provides maximum performance over Thunderbolt
- Easy Installation - Quick and easy user installation into any available PCIe slot
- Broad USB Device Support & Compatibility - Supports storage, hubs, and other USB-IF compliant USB devices
- Mac Pro® 3,1, 4,1 or 5,1
- macOS 10.10.5, 10.12.6+(1) (not compatible with macOS 10.11)
- macOS Mojave compatible
- Computer with PCIe slots
- Windows 10, 8.1, 7
- Windows Server 2016, 2012, and 2008 (64-bit editions)
- Computer with PCIe slots
- Linux 4.12+(1) Kernel (LTS version only)
- macOS erroneously reports a 5Gbps connection when connected at 10Gbps.
- Linux supports only 5Gb transfer rate as of 4.12.13 Kernel.
All new Sonnet Products purchased on or after January 1, 2019, have a Two Year Limited Warranty, except as listed here. All new Sonnet Products purchased on or before December 31, 2018, have a One Year Limited Warranty, except as listed here.
2x the Performance as USB 3.0 and USB 3.1 Gen 1 Connections
The fastest SSD-based USB 3.1 Gen 2 drives now available can transfer data at 800 MB/s—many are bus-powered, too. But, most desktop computers (including many new models) feature old-generation USB interfaces that can’t support that performance, and may not provide enough power to enable those bus-powered drives to function. Break through the bottleneck—install Sonnet’s Allegro™ Pro USB 3.1 PCIe card in your Mac Pro® tower, Windows® PC, or Linux(1) computer with PCIe slots; or Thunderbolt™ to PCIe card expansion system to support your fast USB drives at maximum performance.
Two Gen 2 Controllers, Four USB-A Ports
Featuring two 10Gbps USB 3.1 Gen 2 controllers and four USB-A ports, the Allegro Pro USB 3.1 PCIe card supports the fastest USB drives available, yet provides the most common connection type for peripheral devices.
The Speed and Power
Connected to a single USB 3.1 Gen 2 SSD RAID device, Sonnet’s Allegro Pro USB 3.1 PCIe card supports data transfers up to 800 MB/s—transfers complete in half the time(2) compared with using a USB 3.1 Gen 1 or USB 3.0 adapter card! Made possible through the use of dual controllers, with two connected drives, each port supports simultaneous 660 MB/s transfers. With four drives connected, each port supports simultaneous 300 MB/s transfers!
Sonnet Port Power Advantages:
Unlike ordinary USB adapter cards, the Allegro Pro USB 3.1 PCIe was designed with a focus on intelligent power management and delivery for powering attached drives through its ports.
No Auxiliary Power Needed
Ordinary USB-A cards require the connection of a separate power connector. The Allegro Pro draws the power it needs from the slot it’s installed in to power connected drives, enabling you to install the card in any compatible computer or Thunderbolt expansion chassis that doesn’t have these power connectors available.
Independent Power Regulation for Each Port
Ordinary USB-A cards can provide poor power regulation through their ports. The Allegro Pro card protects each port from power glitches on adjacent ports—such as when a hard drive spins up after connection—preventing auto-disconnects of already-connected drives.
Unlike ordinary USB-A cards, the Allegro Pro features a resettable fuse on each port to protect the card and your computer should a cable or peripheral fail. Resetting a tripped fuse is simple— just shut down and restart your computer.
Optimized for Thunderbolt
Got a Thunderbolt connection, but no PCIe slot? The Allegro Pro USB 3.1 PCIe card is ideal for use in Sonnet’s Thunderbolt 2 and Thunderbolt 3 to PCIe card expansion systems, including Echo Express™ and xMac™ desktop and rackmount chassis. Now you can add four SuperSpeed+ USB-A ports to your computer without expansion card slots.
Perfect for the Extra Slot in Your Multi-Slot Thunderbolt Chassis
Have a multi-slot Thunderbolt 2 or Thunderbolt 3 to PCIe card expansion chassis with an open slot? Installing an Allegro Pro USB 3.1 PCIe card is an excellent way to inexpensively add four 10Gb USB-A ports to your computer.
Easy Installation, Broad Device Support
The full-height Allegro Pro USB 3.1 PCIe card installs easily into any PCIe x4 (mechanical) or larger slot. The Sonnet card features hot-pluggable and hot-swappable device connection support with automatic device configuration, and works with all USB-IF compliant USB peripherals.