PTZ Optics: 20X-NDI-GY Camera
Same great cameras, built-in NDI™ support
PTZOptics is proud to announce four new NDI compatible camera models with built-in NDI, NewTek’s industry leading IP technology. The new 12x and 20x NDI camera models will support Power, Control audio and video all over a single Ethernet cable simplifying installation and setup for live streaming systems. With support for HDMI, 3G-SDI and RTSP/RTMP Streaming (H.264, H.265 & MJPEG) this camera is ideal for broadcasting high definition video signals for broadcast or video conferencing applications.
Interconnected Video Production Workflows
NDI is a paradigm shift that will increase what is possible in all things live video. In this video, we will think outside the box about how to plan out live streaming and video production systems in the world of IP. Using standard networking infrastructure NDI will enable us to do more with less. We will uncover new possibilities for low budget streaming and high-end video productions system alike as we move toward the future of broadcast video over IP.
Low Hanging Fruit
Let’s capture some low hanging fruit with the benefits of broadcast IP video and eliminate the need for capture cards in our next live streaming system design. Imagine an entire generation of video engineers who will never use expensive SDI cabling and capture devices. Using NDI we will have access to sources from anywhere on our network. We will no longer be restricted to sources directly connected to a single system. Capture cards are used for low latency video conversion from traditional HDMI or SDI video to USB or PCIe where we can use them with production software such as vMix, Wirecast, Livestream and more. What if we could eliminate the need for capture cards altogether by providing the same quality, low latency video directly to Wirecast, vMix, LiveStream, OBS, or xSplit over the Ethernet connection we are already using.
Add cameras with ease
In one fell swoop, we have eliminated a point of failure from our video production workflow and reduced the cost of implementing a new system dramatically. At the end of the day, we have opened up a whole new universe of possibilities where the network you already have has become the preferred method of video routing. Need another camera shot? Just run a single Cat-5 cable to the PTZOptics NDI camera and you will have high-quality video, camera control and power solved in an instant.
Where the rubber meets the road
This is where the rubber meets the road, unlike SDI cabling, Ethernet can provide power for cameras using a PoE source, such as a switch, simplifying installation and eliminating the need for additional outlets. And unlike traditional RS-232 control cables, Ethernet can also be used to control our cameras within your favorite video production software or via one of our IP joysticks without requiring direct analog control cabling to each camera.
From the Boardroom to the Production Studio
NDI will make your transition to IP video simple. Want to add your PTZOptics camera from the Studio into a GoToMeeting call with your Producer across the world? No problem. Access it from any computer on your network using NDI transmit or the output of your software based video switcher like Wirecast or vMix. Your favorite video production software will become much more powerful with access to all NDI sources on your network. Want to live stream with your Main PC and setup a secondary machine for isolated recordings of each camera? No problem. Download the free NDI IsoCorder app from NewTek and get started.
NewTek NDI Tools
As you can see, we can start to envision new IP workflows leveraging free and professional IP video tools available from NewTek and 100’s of other NDI developers. Do you work with a creative team? They will love the free Adobe Creative Cloud plugin for NDI. Are you working on a budget? Try out the free Open Broadcaster Software plugin for NDI or start out with low-cost vMix HD license. The move toward IP video production will make the answer to your next live streaming challenge “Sure, we can do that”. Adding another camera to your system will be easier than ever using a single ethernet cable for audio, video, PTZ camera control and power to simplify your life.
Accomplish your goals with IP Video
Accomplishing your goals with IP-based video will become a solution you won’t want to live without. At PTZOptics, we are here to help with training resources and a dedicated support team. With NDI, NewTek has already done the heavy lifting and paved a future proof solution for a world of high-quality IP video. Live Streaming Rookies and Broadcast professionals alike will find ways to use NDI compatible software and hardware to change the way we think about live streaming and video production.
Dedicated Support Team & Training Course
So whether you are a school looking to broadcast a morning announcements show or a small business adding live video into your marketing strategy with a PTZ camera system, even teams of broadcast professionals will find IP video will likely help you accomplish your goals. That’s why we are offering a new NDI video production course for free with the following coupon code: IPVIDEO available on UDEMY here.
We believe that this technology has the power to save organizations thousands of dollars with live video projects small and large and that is why we have joined 100s of other manufacturers in the industry standardizing around the NewTek NDI protocol. A basic understanding of what is possible with IP Video and NewTek’s NDI will go a long way to paving a future proof solution for your live video production. Whether you are a one-man production studio searching for ways to do more with less, or an advanced team of Broadcast experts, we believe the future of IP video will enhance your capabilities greatly.
Built-in NDI compatibility for NewTek’s industry leading IP technology. Instantly accessible over your network for audio, video and PTZ camera control. NDI™ is a trademark of NewTek, Inc.
Three Simultaneous Video Outputs
The PTZOptics 20X-SDI can simultaneously send out 1080p video from HDMI, 3G-SDI and h.264 or H.265 IP Streaming for maximum flexibility.
3G-SDI & PoE
3G-SDI is a preferred cabling for 1080p video over long distances. PTZOptics 3G-SDI camera models also include PoE (Power Over Ethernet) which can learn more about here.
Wide Field of View
The 20X PTZOptics models offer a wide field of view with the ability to zoom into narrow a 3.36 degrees.
Power Over Ethernet
PTZOptics 3G-SDI camera models also include PoE (Power Over Ethernet) which can learn more about here. The Ethernet port can be used for power, control and video/audio streaming.
iOS Camera App
PTZOptics has an updated iOS camera control app available here. The app is not included free with each camera cost. A free android app is available here.
RS-232/RS-485 Camera Control
Every PTZOptics includes in/out RS-232 ports and a RS-485. These ports use VISCA commands to integrate with larger control systems such as Crestron and Extron. We even have pre-built modules available for download here.
HDMI Video Connection
Every PTZOptics camera comes with a HDMI video output capable of video resolutions up to 1080p.
Live RTMP Streaming
Every PTZOptics camera has the ability to live stream directly from the camera to your favorite CDN. Simply plugin your CDN’s RTMP Streaming information into the IP interface of your camera and start streaming! (See this tutorial video).
3.5mm Audio Input
Every PTZOptics camera comes with a 3.5mm audio input you can use to embed audio. The 3G-SDI models support embedding audio via a line level input onto HDMI and Ethernet for IP Streaming.
IP Video Streaming
Camera include h.265 “High Efficiency Codec” IP Streaming along with h.264 and multicast streaming. Taking things a step further we offer our software open source so developers can customize any experience.
3 Year Warranty
PTZOptics offers the industries best 3 Year Warranty. Repairs are handled in our USA repair center located outside Philadelphia, PA.
- Stream RTSP or RTMP video and audio to your favorite CDN
- Stream locally on your network
- Dual Streaming for both high and low resolution settings
- Benefit from easy to use far end camera control
- Support for (2) 1080p unicast users *more at lower resolutions
- Ready for unicast streaming (best for low bandwidth internal usage)
- Each digital video output can still be used for video monitoring or conferencing
- Make dynamic recordings with LMS systems and record “just the talking heads” via HDMI
- Take remote camera control from the far end as PTZOptics offers over 4 different ways for camera control (IP/Network, IR Remote, RS-232, and UVC )
- Every camera has HDMI video output (Perfect for in room confidence monitors)
- Video Connections: HDMI, 3G-SDI & IP Streaming
- Field of View: 60.7 degree wide-angle lens
- Low Lux: High performance in low illumination situations
- Resolution: Full 1920x1080p HD Resolutions up to 60 frames per second
- Noise Cancellation: 2D and 3D noise reduction with our latest “low noise CMOS sensor”
- IP Streaming GUI: Easy to use Software GUI for PTZ Control and remote viewing
- NEW: Open Source IP Control Software
- 3 Year Warranty:Check out the Quality Control!
New: Android Camera Control App
- Video CMOS Sensor: 1/2.7” CMOS, 2.12 Mega Pixels
- Frame Rate: 1080p 60/50/30/25, 1080i 60/50/30/25, 720p 60/50/30/25
- Lens: 20x, F4.42mm-88.5mm, F1.8-F2.8
- Lens Zoom: 20x (Optical Zoom)
- Field of View: 60.7°
- Min Lux: 0.5 Lux at F1.8, AGC ON
- Shutter Speed: 1/30s – 1/10000s
- SNR: ≥55dB
- Vertical Flip & Mirror: Supported
- Horizontal Angle of View: 3.36° (tele) to 60.7° (wide)
- Vertical Angle of View: 1.89° (tele) to 34.1°(wide)
- Pan Movement: ±170°
- Tilt Rotation: Up: 90°, Down: 30°
- Presets: 10 IR Presets (255 via Serial or IP)
- Video Output Interface: HDMI, 3G-SDI, IP Streaming, CVBS
- Network Interface: RJ45
- Audio Interface: Line In, 3.5mm (HDMI & IP Stream Only)
- Communication Interface: RS-232, RS485
- Baud Rate: 2400/4800/96000 bits
- Power Supply Interface: JEITA type Power Adapter (DC IN 12V)
- USB Interface: USB 2.0 (future use)
- Dimension (in.): 5.6W x 6.5H x 6.7D (7.8H w/ Tilt Up)
- Dimensions (mm): 142W x 164 H x 169 D (198H w/ Tilt Up)
- Box Dimensions: 9”x9”x10” | 228mmx254mmx228mm
- Camera Weight: 3.10 lbs. (1.41 kg)
- Boxed Weight: 5.4 lbs. (2.45 kg)
- Power Supply: 12W (Max)
- Input Voltage: 12V DC (10.8 – 13.0V DC)