Panasonic: AU-EVA1 Compact 5.7K Super 35mm Cinema Camera (Body Only)
- 1 x AU-EVA1
- 1 x Battery
- 1 x Battery Charger
- 1 x AC Adapter
- 1 x Shoulder Strap
- 1 x Microphone Holder
- 2 x 12mm Screws for Mic Holder
- 1 x Microphone Holder Adapter
- 1 x Grip
- 1 x Grip Belt
- 1 x LCD Monitor
- 1 x LCD Monitor Hood
- 1 x Handle
- 1 x Mount Cap
5.7K Super 35mm Sensor
The Panasonic AU-EVA1 contains a newly designed 5.7K Super 35mm-sized (5720 x 3016, approx. 17.25 million pixels) sensor for capturing true cinematic images. By starting at a higher native resolution, the 5.7K sensor yields a higher resolving image when down sampled to 4K, UHD, 2K, and even 720p. The increased colour information results in a finer, more accurate finished image.
Dual Native ISO of 800 & 2500
The EVA1 includes dual native ISO like the VariCam 35, VariCam LT and VariCam Pure. Utilising a process that allows the sensor to be read in a fundamentally different way, dual native ISO extracts more information from the sensor without degrading the image. This results in a camera that can switch from a standard sensitivity to a high sensitivity without an increase in noise, or other artifacts. Dual native ISO is allowing cinematographers to use less light on set, saving time and money, as well as allowing for a great variety of artistic choices.
V-Log / V-Gamut
The ability to capture accurate colours and rich skin tones is a must for any filmmaker. Like the VariCam lineup of cinema cameras, the EVA1 contains V-Log/V-Gamut capture to deliver high dynamic range and broad colours with a capability of creating 14 stops of dynamic range. V-Log has log curve characteristics that are somewhat reminiscent of negative film and V-Gamut delivers a colour space even larger than film. The EVA1 will also import the celebrated colourimetry of the VariCam line.
High Frame Rate Recording 4K 60 fps / 2K 240 fps
Users can choose between MOV wrapped codecs up to 10-bit 422 even in 4K, as well as AVCHD. Capturing internally in 4K, UHD, 2K, Full HD and HD, the EVA1 offers up to 59.94fps/50fps for 4K/UHD, up to 120fps/100fps for 2K/Full HD, or 240fps/200fps (cropped area) for high-speed capturing.
Cinematic Run & Gun
Weighing only 1.2Kg (body-only) with a compact form factor (17cm x 13.5cm x 13.3cm) and a removable handgrip, EVA1 can be used for efficient handheld shooting applications and can also be mounted on a drone, gimbal rig, or jib arm for complex yet smooth camera moves. The adjustable handgrip offers several controls, including menu, REC start/stop, iris and two user defined buttons. The LCD monitor features a touch-panel function and allows flexible mounting.
Low-Cost Media / SD Card Recording
EVA1 records to two SD card slots, with the option to capture footage with Relay Rec (continuous record) or Simul Rec (simultaneous dual record). There’s also one shot record, which enables single frame video for stop motion capture.
The camera utilises a native EF-mount, giving shooters access to the broad EF lens ecosystem, including dozens of cinema-style prime and zoom lenses from numerous manufacturers.
E.I.S. & Integrated ND Filters
Electronic Image Stabilisation (EIS) is employed to compensate for camera shake and blurring, which will help smooth out handheld or shoulder-mount shots on documentary or run-and-gun projects. Behind the lens mount, an integrated ND filter wheel in 2, 4, and 6 stops allows for precise exposure control. The EVA1 also allows the IR Cut filter to be swung out of the path to the sensor at the push of a button. Unique photographic effects and night vision imagery are possible with this control over infrared.
As a professional video production tool, the EVA1 offers dual balanced XLR audio inputs with Dolby Audio™* encoding. 4K-capable video outputs in both HDMI and SDI. where each can be adjusted separately, allowing HD to be fed to a viewfinder or other third party monitor while 4K is sent to an outboard recorder or monitor. Timecode In/Out is also supported on the EVA1 unlike some other cameras in its class. With the addition of the AJ-WM50 WIFI adapter, all EVA1 menu functions can be controlled remotely on IOS or Android using the dedicated app.
*Dolby, Dolby Audio, and the double-D symbol are trademarks of Dolby Laboratories.
- Compact 5.7K Super 35mm Cinema Camera
- 5.7K Super 35mm image sensor achieves high-quality 4K/10-bit 4:2:2 images
- Dual native ISO of 800/2500 offers very high sensitivity with low noise.
- The wide 14-stop dynamic range, V-Log gamma and wide-color-gamut V-Gamut colorimetry, which are inherited from the VariCam Series, ensure cinema-like pictures.
- HDMI & SDI 4K video outputs
- Supports High-frame-rate recording of 4K 60 fps / 2K 240 fps maximum
- 10-bit 4:2:2
- Video Codec up to 400 Mbps for robust recording
- V-Log/V-Gamut capture to best utilise high dynamic range and broad colours
- EF Lens Mount*1
- Electronic Image Stabilization (EIS)
- The LCD monitor features a touch-panel function and allows flexible mounting.
- The IR (infrared ray) cut filter ON/OFF mechanism provides the ability to shoot fantasy-like IR images with Cinematography mode.
- ND Filter Wheel (2/4/6 stops)
- Two SD Card Slots
- 5.7K Raw output (future update)
- XLR Audio
- Weight: 1.2 Kg*2
- Dimensions: 6.69" x 5.31" x 5.23" (LxHxW)
- *1: Panasonic does not guarantee the compatibility or performance of all EF lenses. More details will be provided on the Panasonic website
- *2: Main unit only (excluding the handle, grip and LCD monitor)