PCI-X™ Power with analog video capture
The Opsrey® 230 analog video capture card offers legendary Osprey quality and reliability, designed for streaming professionals. It's the ideal PCI-X analog card for broadcast professionals and global OEM systems integrators. With its composite and S-Video inputs and professional balanced audio features, it's the card of choice for high quality, reliable video capture.
Getting Started with a LAN broadcast
For Windows PCs:
1. Physically install your Viewcast Card
2. Install the Viewcast drivers
3. Install Media Expression Encoder 4 (free from Microsoft). Within this, open a new Live Broadcasting Project, and select the Osprey card as your live source. Select ‘Broadcast’ as the output method. Press the ‘Start’ button.
4. Open Windows Media Player on the same or another computer and right-click on the footer bar and select ‘File>Open URL’ and enter ‘mms://192.168.0.1:8080’ (substitute in your IP address and port).
That’s it! Your first (local) streaming session.
- Enables multiple Osprey 230 cards per chassis
- Supports global analog standard-definition formats, including NTSC and PAL
- Automatically detects and adapts on-the-fly when the input video format changes from movie frame rates to television frame rates
- Provides automatic optimization for changing motion content
- Includes logo/bitmap overlay with transparency and positioning controls
- Captures full-frame video at 30 frames per second providing full standard-definition resolution for maximum quality
- Hardware cropping
- PCI-X compatible
- Provides audio loop-back output
- Includes drivers for Microsoft Windows XP, Server 2003, server 2008, Vista and Windows 7; check the ViewCast Web site for available drivers
- Microsoft® DirectShow® API
- Composite (BNC x 1)
- S-Video (mini-DIN)
One channel switchable input:
- Balanced stereo (XLR x 2)
- Unbalanced stereo (RCA x 2)
- Unbalanced stereo line (3.5 mm)
- Closed-caption extraction/rendering
- Software-adjustable hardware audio gain control
- Logo/bitmap overlay
- Scaling, cropping, de-interlacing and inverse telecine
- Loss of video automatic test pattern generation with text overlay option
- Half-height / half-length board
- 6.60" L x 2.71"H (16.77 cm L x 6.87 cm H)
- 64-bit PCI™ interface
- 32-bit/33-MHz PCI compatible
- 3.3 V PCI 2.3 compliant
- Includes low-profile bracket
- 1 year limited hardware warranty
- Video capture requires intense bandwidth across the system bus, CPU, and memory. Motherboards with DDR3 memory architecture are highly recommended.
- Multi-core processsors are recommended to run video applications.