m Software Upgrade (Analogue)
*** THIS SOFTWARE IS COMPATIBLE WITH OSPREY 210, 220, 230, 300, 440 ***
Flexible multi-format streaming
SimulStream® is a premium driver upgrade that delivers digitized audio and video content from Osprey video capture cards to multiple applications at the same time. Use it to:
- Simultaneously send the same live content to many different encoders -- Windows Media®, Adobe® Flash®, MPEG-4, etc.
- Deliver the same live content to different playback devices, scaled and optimized for each device.
- Stream live in one or more popular formats while saving to disk in an uncompressed, editable format.
An optimized solution
Reaching the broadest audience with an optimum viewing experience is critically important to any streaming video application. SimulStream lets you individually create, tailor and optimize video for several applications and audiences - all at the same time - live!
Competing solutions may allow you to deliver multiple streams in different encoded formats, but they force you to use the same frame size, frame rate, bitmap overlays (logos) and other critical parameters for each stream. This greatly limits flexibility when you need to deliver live video to many different playback devices and to users with widely different levels of available bandwidth.
SimulStream lets you deliver full-frame video to high-speed Internet users; smaller, lower-rate video to DSL and dial-up subscribers, and optimized video for several different Mobile Device standards, all while saving the same content to a storage device for post-processing and other Video on Demand (VOD) applications.
- Optimized live streams for a diverse Internet and mobile audience
- Independent pre-processing of video for each stream
- Enables multi-format, multi-bit rate, and multi-resolution streaming - all at the same time
- Maximum efficiency without sacrificing quality
- Complete utilization of latest multi-core processors
- Maximum solution density for streaming production
- Reduced total hardware costs
Upgrade to multi-stream production abilities today!
- A compatible Osprey video capture card, such as the Osprey 210, Osprey 230, Osprey 240e, Osprey 300*, Osprey 440 or the Osprey 530
- Osprey driver 4.xx or higher
- Activation of SimulStream for your listed Osprey card, or purchase a pre-enabled Osprey card with SimulStream
- Osprey 700e HD, Osprey 450e and Osprey 240e must be purchased and pre-enabled with SimulStream
- Microsoft Windows operating system compatible with your driver version
SimulStream is the most powerful software for Osprey streaming products.
* Please note: SimulStream enables multi-streaming from the analog ports of the Osprey 300. The Osprey 300 is not multi-streaming from its IEEE-1394 port. However, you can perform multi-streaming from the analog ports while capturing video from the IEEE-1394 port at the same time with SimulStream and the Osprey 300.
Serial Number and Model number are required to order:
The serial number is of course located on the card and is in the format (MM followed by 8 numbers), however you may be able to use the Osprey Config program to retrieve it without opening the machine. If you do not have the Osprey Config program, it may be obtained by downloading and installing the appropriate drivers from our website at http://www.viewcast.com/support/downloads
To locate your Osprey Capture Card 8 digit serial number, please follow these steps.
- Click on the Windows Start button.
- Move your cursor up slightly to the All Programs tab and locate the ViewCast folder.
- Open the ViewCast folder.
- Open your Osprey-xxx device folder.
- Open the Utilities folder.
- Start the Osprey Config application.
- Click on Video Filter.
- Click on Show Properties for Selected Filter.
- Select the Device Tab.
- Click on the Device Info button to display the 8 digit serial number.
Note: More information about the SimulStream option is available in your Osprey User Manual.
This link will take you to the product manual download page. http://www.viewcast.com/support/product-manuals