Gefen: DVIKVM Extra Long Range Extender
Please call us for alternatives or end of line stock.
Extra Long Range KVM Extender for DVI and USB over one Cat-5 cable (Cat06 shielded for higher resolutions)The DVIKVM ELR extends any DVI and USB source to a monitor, touch screen display, or other digital signage application over a distance up to 330 feet (100 meters) using one Cat-5/6 cable. USB 2.0 data rates up to 100 Mbps are supported in addition to backward-compatibility with USB 1.1. The Receiver Unit allows the connections of up to three (3) USB devices, providing access to printers, scanners, cameras, external storage media, digital signage, and automated control systems. This product uses Gefen ELR technology, allowing DVI and USB signals to travel along the same CAT-5 cable, reducing cabling costs and providing easier installation.
How It WorksPlace the DVIKVM ELR Sender Unit next to the DVI source. Use the included DVI cable to connect the computer or other DVI source to the Sender Unit. Use the supplied USB cable to connect the USB host (source) device to the USB port on the Sender Unit. Connect the Receiver Unit to the monitor or digital signage display with a DVI cable. Connect the USB devices to the Receiver Unit. Use one Cat-5/6 cable, up to 330 feet (100 meters), to connect the Sender Unit to the Receiver Unit. Connect the included locking power supplies to the Sender Unit and Receiver Unit, and then connect both power cords to available electrical outlets.
Note: This product does not support HDCP content with DVI sources.
- (1) Gefen DVIKVM ELR - Sender unit
- (1) Gefen DVIKVM ELR - Receiver unit
- (1) 6 ft. DVI cable (M-M)
- (1) 6 ft. USB Cable (A-B)
- (2) 5V DC Locking Power Supplies
- (1) User Manual
- Extends DVI and USB 2.0 up to 330 feet (100 meters) over one CAT-5 cable (CAT-6 Shielded for higher resolutions)
- Supports resolutions up to 1080p and 1920 x 1200
- Supports 100 Mbps using USB 2.0
- Backward-compatible with USB 1.1
- EDID management for rapid integration of source and display devices
- Field-upgradeable via mini-USB port
- Supports any Operating System (OS)
- HDBaseT Certified
- Locking power supplies
- Video Amplifier Bandwith: 165 MHz
- Input Video Signal: 1.2V p-p
- Input DDC Signal: 5V p-p (TTL)
- Video Input Connector (Sender): (1) DVI-I 29-pin, female (digital only)
- Video Output Connector (Receiver): (1) DVI-I 29-pin, female (digital only)
- USB Host Connector (Sender): (1) USB Type B, female
- USB Device Connectors (Receiver): (3) USB Type A, female
- Link Connector (Sender/Receiver): (1) RJ-45, Shielded
- Service Connector for Field Upgrades: USB Mini-B, female
- Power Supply (Sender / Receiver): 5V DC, Locking
- Power Consumption (Sender / Receiver): 10W (max.)
- Dimensions: 8.5" W x 1.75" H x 4.5" D
- Shipping weight: 8 lbs.