Gefen: Daisy Chain HD System - Sender Unit
£298.80 (ex VAT)
£358.56 (inc VAT)
Daisy chain multiple displaysDistribute video to multiple displays in series using Video Over IP techniques with Gefen's new Daisy Chain HD System. Connect up to 30 displays using CAT-5e cables in a daisy chain mode going from one display to the next, and up to 100 displays when using a combination of Daisy Chaining and Tree Topology distribution.
The system utilizes three modules: The Sender, which connects to the HD source, the Splitter module, which connects to the Sender unit using a CAT-5e cable, and the Receiver unit which connects via CAT-5e cable to the Sender or Splitter, and via HDMI cable to the display. The Splitter unit also has an HDMI output to connect a display.
The Sender, Splitter, and Receiver units simplify extension of HDMI and control signals to create an elaborate network of displays with the ability to route IR-control back from each display location to the source. RS-232 commands can also be distributed over this daisy-chained network to execute commands such as turning all displays on or off. Each CAT-5e cable between the Source, Splitter, and Receiver units can be extended up to 330 (100 meters). Up to 100 Hi-Def displays at resolutions up to 1080p Full HD and 1920 x 1200 (WUXGA) are possible. A low latency of less than a frame assures that all displays reproduce audio and video in perfect sync. This easy-to-install and easy-to-expand system is a great fit for Digital Signage applications and also for commercial entertainment solutions (such as in bars, restaurants, and stores) that play back the same content using multiple screens.
How It WorksConnect a Hi-Def source to the Sender unit's HDMI input. If IR-control of the source device is required, connect an IR emitter to the Sender unit's IR Out port and attach it to the IR sensor window of the source. Connect a CAT-5e cable from the Sender unit to the Splitter or Receiver unit. Connect an HDTV display to the HDMI output of the Splitter or Receiver unit. If IR is used, connect a Gefen IR Extender module to the IR Ext port on the Receiver or Splitter unit and place it in a location that has a line-of-sight access from the display location. To control the source, simply point the IR remote of the source unit to the IR Extender module. If using the Splitter unit, and the HDMI needs to be routed to more displays, connect up to two CAT-5e cables from the Splitter unit to additional Splitters or Receiver units.
Note: RS-232 control parameters such as baud rate and addressing mode can be set via hyper terminal RS-232 commands sent through a computer to the RS-232 port of the Sender unit. Confirmation for each RS-232 command will appear on the computer screen. Pressing and immediately releasing the EDID button on each Splitter and Receiver will display the address and baud rate of both the Sender and that unit.
- Extend, split, and daisy-chain HDMI, IR, and RS-232 using CAT-5e cables
- Each CAT-5e (or better) cable run up to 330 feet (100 meters)
- Supported HDMI Features:
- Resolutions up to 1080p Full HD and 1920 x 1200 (WUXGA)
- HDCP compliant
- 12-bit Deep Color
- LPCM 7.1 audio, Dolby® TrueHD, Dolby Digital® Plus, and DTS-HD® Master Audio™
- Lip Sync pass-through
- Guaranteed latency of less than one frame (16.7 to 20ms) assures synchronized A/V output from all displays
- Supports up to 100 Hi-Def displays
- Field-upgradable firmware (via RS-232 port on Sender Unit)
- Locking power supply connectors
- Wall or under-shelf mountable
- Maximum Pixel Clock: 225 MHz
- Video Input Connector: (1) HDMI Type A 19-pin, female
- IR Out Connector: (1) 3.5mm mini-mono jack
- RS-232 Connector: (1) DB-9, female
- Link Output connector: (1) RJ-45, shielded
- Power Indicator: (1) LED, blue
- Link Indicator: (1) LED, green
- Power Supply: 5V DC, locking
- Power Consumption: 10W (max.)
- Dimensions (W x H x D): 5.2" x 1.1" x 4.5" (132mm x 28mm x 113mm)
- Shipping Weight: 2 lbs (0.91 kg)