Datavideo: NVW-150 Wifi Bridging Unit
Ships in 3-5 days
- Connect any network (IP) enabled devices over a high throughput long range WiFi link
- Completely transparent, devices connected to either end of the WiFi link will behave exactly as they would if they were connected directly with an Ethernet cable
- Multiple units can be used together (Point to Multipoint)
- Supports transmission distances greater than 250m with standard antennae / 10KM with external antennae
- Automatically avoids interferance
- Can be powered from any DC source (5-20V), 9-24V Passive POE supported
- No radio licences required
- Ideal for use with Datavideo NVS-20 H264 encoder and NVD-20 decoder
Datavideo: NVW-150 Wifi Bridging Unit
NVW-150 is very powerful minuture camera top Wifi transmitter, which can be powered by mains or a variety of battery solutions via a secure 2 pin Lemo connector. You can connect any network enabled device via ethernet to the NVW-150 which can then link to a second NVW-150 or NVW-250 unit via a long range, completely transparant WiFi connection (range approx 250m with supplied antenna, or much further with optional external antennas) The devices connected will assume you have a network cable attached
The NVW-150 takes WiFi connectivity to the next level, designed to offer industry leading levels of performance and reliability without compromise. Utilising the very latest MIMO technology with a powerful 26dBm (aggregate) transmit power and carrier class receiver sensitivity means that the NVW-150 offers unrivalled range performance and stability even in the most challenging of environments.
The NVW-150s unique design allows it to be mounted to any cameras hot/cold shoe and powered from any DC source from 5 to 20 volts or passive power over Ethernet (9-24v). Each unit comes complete with two 3dBi omni-directional antennas ideal for use in short to medium range environments, externally mountable high gain antennas are available for longer range links. The devices legacy switched diversity mode even allows multiple antennas to be used to cover a larger geographical area with multiple directional antennas.
A built in LED signal strength indicator makes staying within range easy, while the unit will automatically adjust transmission rates and channel numbers based on current link conditions. In more challenging environments the devices comprehensive web interface offers a full site survey feature ensuring you always achieve the highest link standard possible.
The NVW-150 uses completely unlicensed 5Ghz bands and complies with IEEE802.11d global standards for licence free operation worldwide, offering transmission speeds of up to 300Mbps and ranges in excess of 0.25Km (standard antennae) / 10km (external antenna and height dependant) while staying below the UKs 30 dBm EIRP power limit.
The NVW-150 supports multiple operating modes, in addition to the standard point to point mode Point to multipoint mode allows you to connect multiple NVW-150 units together, you are not just limited to two units. If the distance between two units is just too much for the standard antennas and fixed external antennas are not practical the NVW-150 features a repeater mode allowing an additional unit to be installed in between to regenerate and repeat the signal. The unit can even act as a high powered wireless router, in this mode the Ethernet port becomes the WAN port.
Bridging, it’s like having wires just without the wires.
Bridging is completely transparent, this means the devices connected to either end of the WiFi link will behave exactly as they would if they were connected directly with an Ethernet cable. Setup couldn’t be easier.
The best possible WiFi Experience
The NVW-150 pushes current WiFi technology and local regulatory restrictions to their limit.
- Tx Power – Capable of transmitting at the UKs legal limit of 30dBi EIRP for band B WiFi without extremely high gain ultra-directional antennas.
- Sensitivity – Range is about more than power, a sensitive receiver can pick up faint signals that poorer receivers would simply ignore. The NVW-150 features a carrier class -95dBm sensitivity.
- 2 x MIMO – Two antennas take full advantage of the multiple input multiple output technology offered by the latest 802.11n WiFi standard for increased throughput and lnk reliability as well as supporting switched diversity when operating in 802.11a mode.
- 5Ghz - 5Ghz WiFi offers many advantages over the more common 2.4Ghz flavour, these include; Better penetration, Better scatter, No abnormal absorption by water or damp, Larger number of non-overlapping channels which means less radio congestion, OFDM technology employed over the whole speed range (better for non-line of site operation) and a higher maximum legal transmit power.