Blackmagic Ursa Broadcast
- 4K sensor, extended video dynamic range, traditional external controls and buttons, built in optical ND filters, dual CFast and dual SD card recorders
- Advanced HD and Ultra HD broadcast camera with B4 mount
- New extended video mode with better dynamic range and colour fidelity producing images with amazing texture and detail, accurate skin tones, vibrant colour and high dynamic range
- Full electronic B4 lens control support for adjusting focus, iris and zoom using the camera’s controls, or remotely from an ATEM switcher or ATEM Camera Control Panel
- Built in dual SD/UHS-II and C-Fast card recorders allow unlimited duration recording in high quality
- Records 1080i or 2160p video into standard .mov files using DNx145, DNx220X or ProRes for compatibility with existing broadcast systems and workflows. Standard .mxf will be added in future updates
- Support for DNxHD 220X, DNxHD 145, Apple ProRes 4444 XQ QuickTime, ProRes 4444 QuickTime, ProRes 422 HQ QuickTime, ProRes 422 QuickTime, ProRes 422 LT QuickTime and ProRes 422 Proxy QuickTime, CinemaDNG RAW, CinemaDNG RAW 3:1, CinemaDNG RAW 4:1
- High quality clear, 1/4, 1/16th and 1/64th stop neutral density (ND) filters with IR compensation designed to specifically match the colourimetry and colour science of URSA Broadcast
- Fully redundant controls including external broadcast controls which allow direct access to the most important camera settings such as external power switch, ND filter wheel, ISO, shutter, white balance, record button, audio gain controls, lens and transport control, high frame rate button and more
- Interchangeable lens mount with B4 mount included as standard. Optional EF, PL and F mount available separately
- Status display for quickly checking timecode, shutter and lens settings, battery, recording status, and audio levels
- Features all standard connections, including dual XLR mic/line audio inputs with phantom power, 12G-SDI output for monitoring with camera status graphic overlay and separate XLR 4 pin power output for viewfinder power, headphone jack, LANC remote control and standard 4 pin 12V DC power connection
- Built in high quality stereo microphones for recording sound
- 4 inch foldout touchscreen for on-set monitoring and menu settings
- Blackmagic SDI Control Protocol for external control or iPad control via Bluetooth®, 2 x 2.5mm LANC for lens and record control
- Effective Sensor Size: 2/3 inch sensor size when using 4K B4 mount (Actual sensor size 13.056mm x 7.344mm)
- Lens Mount: B4 2/3 inch
- Lens Control: Electronic control via 12-pin broadcast connector. Control also possible via EF mount pins when using optional URSA Mini Pro EF Mount.
- Dynamic Range: 12 Stops+
- Shooting Resolutions: 3840x2160, 1920x1080
- Frame Rates: Project frame rates of 23.98, 24, 25, 29.97, 30, 50, 59.94 and 60 fps supported. Off-speed frame rates up to 60p.
- Built in ND Filters: Four position ND filter wheel with clear, 2-stop, 4-stop and 6-stop ND filters.
- Focus: Focus button turns on peaking, auto focus available using compatible lenses with focus servo.
- Iris Control: Iris wheel and touchscreen slider for manual iris adjustment on electronically controllable lenses, iris button for instant auto iris settings on compatible lenses so no pixel is clipped in film mode. Scene average auto exposure in video and extended video mode.
- Screen Dimensions: 4 inch.
- Screen Type: LCD capacitive touchscreen.
- Metadata Support: Automatically populated lens data from electronic B4 lenses. Automatic recording of camera settings and slate data such as project, scene number, take and special notes.
- Controls: Touchscreen menus on 4 inch screen. Push buttons for other controls. 2 assignable shortcut keys.
- Timecode Clock: Highly accurate timecode clock. Less than 1 frame drift every 8 hours.
The world’s most affordable and flexible professional broadcast camera for HD and Ultra HD
Introducing URSA Broadcast, the world’s most affordable and most flexible professional broadcast camera. URSA Broadcast is two cameras in one, an incredible field camera for ENG and programming work, as well as a professional studio camera. URSA Broadcast is perfect for traditional broadcasters because it uses the lenses and batteries you already own, and it also eliminates weird media cards and file formats found on traditional cameras. It records onto regular SD cards and uses the same common file formats found on broadcast media management systems and most NLE software.
Plus URSA Broadcast is perfect for web broadcasters because it works with both older after market HD lenses and inexpensive photo lenses. No other broadcast camera is more flexible and more affordable.
Two Cameras in One
Switch instantly between live work or field shooting
URSA Broadcast is two cameras in one. The compact design, familiar controls and broadcast camera features are ideal for ENG style shooting and vital for working quickly when you’re trying to capture breaking news. Whether you’re in the studio or out in the field, URSA Broadcast will give you incredible image quality, accurate skin tones and vibrant colours that are far superior to cameras costing ten times more. The key is URSA Broadcast's new extended video mode that produces pictures you don’t need to colour grade so you can shoot, edit and get stories on air faster than ever before. URSA Broadcast is also the first camera that finally lets AV and web broadcasters afford a true professional broadcast solution that’s dramatically better than DSLRs.
Standard Media and File Formats
Work faster by eliminating expensive media and video transcodes
URSA Broadcast is the first professional broadcast camera designed to work with standard media cards and file formats that are compatible with virtually all broadcast systems and editing software. URSA Broadcast records onto inexpensive standard SD cards, UHS-II cards and CFast cards, and records 1080i or 2160p video into standard .mov files, with .mxf to be added in future updates. URSA Broadcast records using DNx145, DNx220X or ProRes so the files will work with your existing broadcast systems and workflows. You also get a B4 lens mount that works with your existing lenses, or you can swap it for optional EF, F and PL lens mounts so you can use standard photographic lenses. If you’re building a complete broadcast camera chain, the optional URSA Viewfinder, URSA Studio Viewfinder and SMPTE fiber converters feature familiar controls and design, so they operate exactly as experienced camera operators expect. URSA Broadcast helps you get the most value out of your investment in cameras, lenses and accessories, which means you’ll save time and money, so the camera virtually pays for itself.
Broadcast B4 Lens Mount
Use your existing high quality HD lenses or new Ultra HD lenses
The broadcast B4 lens mount on URSA Broadcast features high performance cinema quality optics with spherical aberration correction specifically designed to match the camera’s sensor. The ?” mount lets you use existing HD lenses or Ultra HD lenses. Many high quality HD lenses can be used at resolutions well beyond HD, all the way up to 2.5K or 3K. Because B4 lenses are par-focal and have a very wide depth of field, the image stays in focus as you zoom in and out, so you don't need to chase focus as you shoot. That lets you work much faster be