Blackmagic: ATEM 2 M/E Broadcast Studio 4K
- Full 2 M/E switcher with each M/E featuring media players, chroma key, transitions and more.
- Switcher can be switched between HD and Ultra HD video formats instantly.
- 2 x built in Ultra HD multi view allows 16 sources, 2 x previews and program.
- 20 x inputs for a total of 20 x 12G-SDI. All inputs feature auto re-sync.
- 1 x down converted program output.
- Built in media pool graphics storage for 32 RGBA Ultra HD stills and 180 frames of Ultra HD clips.
- Built in full motion 3D DVE with position, scale, resize and rotate features.
- Built in SuperSource allows 4 DVE's and 4 keys layered as an independent video source.
- 4 media players allow graphics to be connected to keyers for fill and key layering.
- Transitions include cut, mix, dip to color, SMPTE wipes and more.
- 4 upstream keyers include chroma keyer and 2 downstream keyers are included.
- 6 auxiliary outputs include front panel aux switching buttons and LCD screen for viewing.
- Built in audio mixer live mixes embedded audio from all video inputs and independent audio inputs.
- Balanced XLR stereo analog audio inputs and 1 HiFi RCA stereo audio input into built in audio mixer.
- Audio mixer main and preview outputs onto balanced XLR audio outputs and on all video outputs.
- Internal sources include black, color bars, two color generators and media pool.
- Ethernet connection for control panel connection. Mac and Windows control panel software included.
- Compatible with all ATEM Broadcast Panel control panels when hardware panel is required.
- Black Burst and HD-Tri-Sync genlock input for integration into large systems.
- Compact 2 rack unit size is perfect for when a lot of power is required in a portable solution
- ATEM 2 M/E Broadcast Studio 4K
- Software SD Card
The world's first high frame rate Ultra HD switcher with 12G-SDI
When you need absolute performance in live production, the ATEM 2 M/E Broadcast Studio 4K is like no other ATEM switcher. Completely redesigned to operate up to 60 fps in Ultra HD, this new ATEM can easily handle these massive speeds. All connections are native 12G-SDI so you can connect up to 2160p60 video with a single standard BNC cable. This high performance ATEM model also instantly switches to all other HD formats so you can install it today and use it for HD, while being ready for tomorrow. That totally eliminates the cost of moving to Ultra HD in the future because ATEM does it now. This powerful ATEM also includes a larger media pool, 2 native Ultra HD multi viewers, 6 keyers, full DVE, SuperSource and re-sync on each input that all operate in Ultra HD up to 2160p60.
The incredibly advanced ATEM 2 M/E Broadcast Studio 4K model goes beyond the 6G-SDI of other ATEM switchers because it includes the latest 12G-SDI for twice the frame rate of the other models, up to an incredible 2160p60. That's frame rates up to 60 fps in Ultra HD! 12G-SDI also supports all regular 720p, 1080i and 1080p HD video formats, which means you have the switcher you can use today for regular HD work, while being ready for Ultra HD when you need. Only 12G-SDI gives you high frame rate Ultra HD via a single BNC connection that also plugs into all your regular HD equipment.
Multi View Monitoring
ATEM's built in multi view lets you monitor the switcher's video inputs on a single SDI monitor or regular HDMI TV! Multi view outputs in regular 1080i HD, so even if your broadcast is in SD or Ultra HD you can still use a standard TV for monitoring. You can customize the multi view layout and also add custom labels. Multi view makes it easy to watch your program, preview, and live sources all simultaneously on a single monitor and you can even choose from 4 different screen layouts.
ATEM includes a huge range of real time high quality transitions that are available in all SD, HD or Ultra HD resolutions. Use mixes, dips, wipes and more for amazing broadcast quality live switching. Every transition is instantly available and you get full control of the transition type, pattern, length and other attributes. Create a customized 'on air' looks using the large choice of wipe patterns.
ATEM includes amazing quality keying. Get powerful upstream keyers with luminance, linear, pattern and chroma keying that can handle everything from green screen shots to graphics and multi layer special effects. You also get 2 independent downstream keyers for logos, titles and other 'on air' graphics.
Total Video Input
Total Video Output
SDI Video Input
20 x 10-bit HD/Ultra HD 4K switchable. 2 channel embedded audio.
Analog Audio Output
2 x XLR Program 2 x XLR Monitor.
Extra Audio Outputs
1 x XLR Timecode and 1 x XLR Talkback.
SDI Audio Output
2 Ch embedded into SDI output on all outputs.
2 x XLR. 2 x RCA.
Extra Audio Inputs
1 x XLR Timecode and 1 x XLR Talkback.
Internal Frame Synchronizers
20. All inputs
SDI Program Output
3 x 10-bit HD/Ultra HD 4K switchable.
Down Converted SDI Program Output
1 x 10-bit (From Ultra HD 4K to HD).
SDI Preview Output
1 x 10-bit HD/Ultra HD 4K switchable.
SDI Aux. Output
6 x 10-bit HD/Ultra HD 4K switchable.
Quantity of Multi Views
2 x SDI
Multi View Outputs
2 x SDI
Control Panel Connection
Ethernet supports 10/100/1000 BaseT. Allows direct connection between panel and chassis, or via network.
Added via ethernet connection to Blackmagic Design GPI and Tally Interface product. (Not included).
1 x USB 2.0 port.
HD Format Support
1080p23.98, 24, 25, 29.97, 50, 59.94
Ultra HD Format Support
2160p23.98, 24, 25, 29.97, 50, 59.94
SMPTE 292M, SMPTE 424M
REC 601, REC 709, REC 2020
Control Panel Included
ATEM Software Control Panel included free for Mac OS X 10.10 Yosemite, Mac OS X 10.11 El Capitan or later and Windows 8.1 64-bit or Windows 10 64-bit.
Using USB 2.0 connection directly connected to Mac OS X or Windows computers. Includes ATEM Setup Utility.
Set via ATEM Software Control Panel, excluding ATEM chassis IP address which is set via the ATEM Setup Utility connected via USB to chassis.
< 2 Lines
4K to HD Down Conversion
Yes, program x 1
24 input x 2 channel mixer.
Level and Peak metering.
Master gain control.
Dedicated analog outputs for monitoring.
Mac OS X 10.10 Yosemite,
Mac OS X 10.11 El Capitan or later.
Windows 8.1 64-bit or
Windows 10 64-bit.
Total Number of Layers
Transition Keyer (Stinger/DVE)
1 and 1
DVE with 3D Borders & Drop Shadow
Control Panel Compatibility
ATEM 2 M/E Broadcast Panel preferred. Compatible with ATEM 1 M/E Broadcast Panel. Includes ATEM Software Control Panel.
Minimum monitor resolution of 1366 x 768.
Built in HD LCD monitor for video and 42 LED buttons for Aux switching.
Fill and key for each Media Player.
Media Pool Still Image Capacity
32 with fill and key
Media Pool Clip Capacity
2 with fill and key.
Maximum Clip Length in
Ultra HD 4K
Maximum Clip Length in 1080
Maximum Clip Length in 720p
Media Pool Still Image Format
PNG, TGA, BMP, GIF, JPEG and TIFF.
Media Pool Video File Format
Media Pool Audio File Format
WAV, MP3 and AIFF.
Multi View Monitoring
Number of Windows
Red for program and green for preview indication.
Windows Source Labels
2 x built in international AC power supply. 100-240V AC
2 Rack Unit Size.
0° to 40° C (32° to 104° F)
-20° to 60° C (-4° to 140° F)
0% to 90% non-condensing
ATEM 2 M/E Broadcast Studio 4K
SD card with software and manual
2 Year Limited Manufacturer's Warranty.