AJA: 4K2HD 4K to HD down-conversion Mini-Converter
- 4K (4096x2160) and UltraHD (3840x2160) support
- Downconversion for supporting 4K on HD-SDI and HDMI devices
- Simultaneous HD-SDI and HDMI output
- Aspect ratio conversion from full 4K to HD
- Supports 4K/UHD 50/60fps high-framerate input formats
- Configurable via AJA MiniConfig software for Mac and PC
- Uses 5-20VDC power (DWP-U-R1 universal power supply included)
- 5-year warranty
AJA: 4K to HD down-conversion Mini-Converter
AJA’s 4K2HD down-converts professional SDI 4K/UHD signals to HD resolution using AJA’s high-quality scaling for cost-effective monitoring and conversion. 4K2HD’s HD-SDI and HDMI outputs are both live all the time, producing fantastic-looking HD images for on set monitoring or direct-to-air broadcast. 4K2HD outputs SDI and HDMI simultaneously. 4K2HD supports high frame rate (HFR) 4K inputs at 50 and 60fps and gets converted to HD outputs at 50 and 60fps for accurate viewing. 4K2HD’s configuration options can extract an HD resolution image from the 4K input to provide a one-to-one pixel image for 4K focus checks on HD displays. Configuration can be set remotely via AJA MiniConfig software control over USB.
Real time downconversion
4K2HD uses real time processing and AJA’s high-quality scaling algorithms to downconvert professional 4K or UHD signals using 4 × SDI connections to HD resolution, producing fantastic-looking HD images for on set monitoring or direct-to-air broadcast.
High frame rate support
Many 4K productions are opting for higher frame rates of 50 and 60fps. 4K2HD supports high frame rate (HFR) 4K inputs and converts the HD output to a matching frame rate for accurate viewing so what you shoot is what you see.
4K2HD can be configured to extract an HD resolution center cut from the 4K input. This provides a one-to-one pixel image that can be used to check focus on 4K shoots without the need for a full 4K monitor.
USB and MiniConfig Support
AJA’s free MiniConfig software can be used with any USB-enabled AJA Mini-Converter and provides an easy-to-use graphical interface with detailed information about the current input and output formats. Control all the parameters of any supported AJA Mini-Converter as well as loading firmware updates from AJA that add new features and functionality.
Universal Power Supply
All AJA Mini-Converters ship with a Universal Power Supply that includes international plug connections for use around the world.
Compact and Portable
AJA Mini-Converters are small enough to fit behind a monitor, in the back of a rack or directly on a camera rig. A locking power connector can't accidentally pull loose and an optional P-TAP power cable allows for battery power in remote locations.
AJA Quality - Guaranteed
All AJA Mini-Converters are covered by a 5-year warranty and AJA's advanced replacement policy. If a replacement is necessary, AJA will ship a new unit immediately without the need to send the original unit back first, ensuring you are up and running again as quickly as possible.
4 x 1.5GHz SDI:
- 4 x 1920x1080 p, 4:2:2, 23.98, 24, 25, 29.97, 30
- 4 x 1920x1080 psf, 4:2:2, 23.98, 24, 25, 29.97, 30
- 4 x 2048x1080 p, 4:2:2, 23.98, 24
- 4 x 2048x1080 psf, 4:2:2, 23.98, 24
2 x dual-stream 3GHz SDI (level B):
- 2 x 2 x 1920x1080 p, 4:2:2, 23.98, 24, 25, 29.97, 30
- 2 x 2 x 1920x1080 psf, 4:2:2, 23.98, 24, 25, 29.97, 30
- 2 x 2 x 2048x1080 p, 4:2:2, 23.98, 24
- 2 x 2 x 2048x1080 psf, 4:2:2, 23.98, 24
4 x 3GHz SDI:
- 4 x 1920x1080 p, 4:2:2, 50, 59.94, 60
- 4 x 1920x1080 p, 4:4:4, 23.98, 24, 25, 29.97, 30
- 4 x 1920x1080 psf, 4:4:4, 23.98, 24, 25, 29.97, 30
- 4 x 2048x1080 p, 4:4:4, 23.98, 24
- 4 x 2048x1080 psf, 4:4:4, 23.98, 24
HD Inputs supported (4:2:2 if Single Link or 4:4:4 if Dual Link)
- 720p 50, 59.94
- 720p 23.98, 24, 25, 29.97, 30, 50, 59.94
- 1080i 25, 29.97, 30
- 1080p 23.98, 24, 25, 29.97, 50, 59.94, 60
- 1080psf 23.98, 24, 25, 29.97, 50, 59.94, 60
SD Inputs Supported:
- 3G, HD, and SD-SDI (auto-selected), 4x BNC
- 3G, HD, and SD-SDI, 1x BNC
- HDMI v1.4, 30/36 bits per pixel, RGB or YUV
- HDMI Standard Type A connector
- SDI embedded audio, 24-bit, 8-channel
- SDI embedded audio, 24-bit, 8-channel
- HDMI embedded audio, 24-bit, 8-channel
- +5VDC Regulated, 3 Watts, Power Supply Required (included with purchase)
- 5.76” x 4.02” x 0.90” (146 × 102 × 23 mm)